Chapter 12 - Lies Fights And Pinky Promises

I ran back to my room after seeing Jessica and Jason. How long has that been going on? I don't really know what to say about it. I don't know if they are a couple or not but I would think Jessica or Jason would tell me. I don't want them to see each other behind my back. I would want them to feel that they could tell me anything. I mean they know they can tell me anything so why would they hide it.

I sit up in my bed with my knees to my chest. Noah is sleeping beside me. Should I tell him? I mean he keeps secrets very well. I lightly shake his shoulder. No response Maybe I should tell him later. He obviously wants to sleep. He did just tell me to try and sleep. I stopped trying to wake him and laid down.

An hour later I'm still laying here wide awake. I don't know why I can't sleep or why I'm so worried about Jessica and Jason. Maybe its because they haven't told me or because I'm scared they won't tell me. I suddenly felt an arm wrap around my waist. My heart started pounding. Noah pulled me to his chest.

"Your awake." He whispered. I nodded. "Why are you still up?" He asked.

"I-I don't know." I mumbled. He raised an eyebrow.

"You can tell me." He stated. He rolled me over so that I was on my back. I sighed.

"I saw Jessica and Jason making out in the kitchen." I mumbled. He didn't seemed surprised.

"Why is that bothering you?" He asked.

"I don't know. I guess I don't want them to hide it from me. I mean its my best friend and my cousin." I explained.

"I'm sure they'll tell you. It might have just been a heat of the moment kind of thing so they might now even be together." He explained. He started to run his fingers through my hair making my heart flutter. Ryan use to do it all the time to calm me down. A small smile played on my lips.

"You might be right. Just don't tell anyone about this." I whispered.

"I'll keep it between us." He smiled.

"Thanks." I said. "Why are you awake?" I asked.

"I had a bad dream." He admitted quietly. I raised an eyebrow.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked and he shook his head no. "I'm here if you wanna talk."

"I know." He whispered. I started into his green eyes. For some reason I felt like I wanted to tell him I liked him in this moment. I wanted to tell him how he makes me feel. But it might scare him away. He might leave. He might not want to be friends with me anymore. I bit my lip.

"Can I see your tattoo again?" I blurted out. Wow. That was smooth. Real smooth. He smiled a little then sat up. He pulled his shirt off revealing his perfectly toned back. I sat up and let my eyes scan his tattoo. I let my finger tips trace it. We stayed quite as I did. My eyes caught a glimpse of his scar. I removed my hand from his tattoo and put my fingertips on his scar. He immediately tensed up.

"Skylar." He said almost in a warning tone.

"I have one too." I whispered. I do. I actually have two scars from the wreak. One is right behind my right ear and the other on my right side. Noah turned to face me.

"Lets not talk about this." He said and pulled his shirt back over his head. He laid back down while I stayed sitting up.

"I'm sorry. I didn't-"

"Its fine Skylar." He whispered. "Lay down." I did as he said and laid down. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me to him. My heart was beating pretty loud. I'm sure he could hear it.

"Why are you here?" I asked. "I mean not that I don't want you to its just I was curious."

"You wouldn't let go of me. So Everett brought my bike here and I rode with Jessica and Jason here and I tried laying you down but again you wouldn't let me go. And your parents weren't even home." He explained.