Police

"THIS IS THE POLICE! OPEN THE DOOR NOW!" I heard from the other side of the thin wooden door,making me jump as I was rapidly packing my bags.

"Not with that attitude" I said back, not as loud as he did, but loud enough to be heard on the other side.

"Don't test my patience sweetheart. You don't want me to become forceful."

I laughed lightly, then quickly threw the last of my clothes in the backpack, zipping it closed,then dived for my shoes under the bed.

"Well...I don't take orders from people pretending to be the police, so you might want to try asking me again. Nicely this time Riccardo." I replied, moving the bed in front of the door,trying to stall them further.

My body seems to be filled with adrenaline as I didn't think much before I opened the window and jumped onto the roof,closing it behind me. Just before I was about to move again, I saw the door crack, then splinter, as an axe made a hole in the wood, making my eyes widen.

I scrambled to my feet, climbing the slope of the roof, to get to a narrow straight path, heading towards the Catania Piazza nearby, in hope to get lost into the crowd.

A familiar screech came from behind me, making me duck on the other side of the roof, out of view from the window of my now compromised room.

A small peek let me see a huge man with a 3 day stubble scanning the area,halfway leaning over the ledge, ready to jump out if needed.

He hadn't spotted me and I sighed relieved when he started going back inside,but the feeling was cut short when I made eye contact with Leo, vis-à-vis from me in another building.

We both froze like that for a second, then I started to get up,without breaking eye contact. I stared for a couple seconds more, in which Leo slowly shook his head,daring me to make one more step forward, then I hoisted my back higher on my shoulders, taking off,running as fast as the terrain allowed me.

 I stared for a couple seconds more, in which Leo slowly shook his head,daring me to make one more step forward, then I hoisted my back higher on my shoulders, taking off,running as fast as the terrain allowed me

Leo yelled after me, successfully alerting the guys sweeping my place, resulting in 2 gorillas jumping out of my window, which quickly gained on me with their insanely long legs and murderous looks.

I glanced once behind me towards my pursuers, but once was enough. My feet moved faster, my breathing accelerating as I gained speed to make a dangerous leap towards a second building.

I held my breath, then jumped, a little late on the take off, that timing proving fatal to me.

Fek.

My arms reached forward for the ledge of the target building,but to no avail. My fingers barely grazing against it before my stomach weighted down and my body falls from a 5 story height.

I put my arms in front of my face, and braced myself for the impact with the building and shut my eyes as tight as I could, hoping for the best.