Chapter 19

The next morning when Grace woke she was alone. She looked over at the clock but it wasn't there. The sun shining through her windows told her it was late, maybe even lunch time. She stretched letting all of last night's events run through her mind. Despite it all, she felt lighthearted.

Perhaps it is because you spent the night in the arms of the man you love? She thought.

Realizing she was hungry, she quickly dressed and headed towards lobby.

She was typing a text and was just about to send it when she stepped out of the elevator and saw Brian and Bryce standing together watching something intently.

She followed their gazes and saw Stacy being escorted towards the exit by security. Just as they reached the door Stacy turned and saw Grace. With a look that sent shivers up Grace's spine, she turned, breaking free from the guards, and charged Grace.

"You slut! You have always been a tease, you wait I'm not through with you."

Bryce calmly stepped in front of Grace, taking the attack that was meant for her, barely grabbing Stacy's fist in time to keep it from connecting with his jaw.

"You are through, Ms. Kingston." Bryce held her arm in an uncompromising grasp until security caught up with her.

The manager rushed over to Bryce as the security guards were hauling Stacy away.

"Lord Stevens, I am very sorry-"

"It's not me that needs to be apologized to, it is Dr. Winston." Grace saw the muscle in Bryce's jaw ticking.

Whether it was shock or fear she didn't know, but Bryce's over properness was giving her a case of the giggles.

"Of course, Dr. Winston, we're so sorry for any inconvenience. We'll refund the full amount of your stay." The manger was a small round balding man who was sweating bullets.

Grace peeked around Bryce. "I didn't pay for the room, Brian Alexander did." She motioned to Brian who was watching the scene unfold with a curious look.

The manager's face turned almost ashen as he looked over at Brian. She could see that the thought of another important guest being insulted was too much.

"Oooh, it looks like we missed something?" Mason said, walking up to Brian. Cassie was hot on his heels.

Grace's hands went to Bryce's hips as she buried her head in his back to smother a giggle.

She peeked up at Brian and saw his lips twitch "I don't know, I wasn't accosted like Lord Stevens." Brian rolled out the Lord part obviously far from impressed.

"Lord Stevens was accosted?" Mason asked Cassie in an aside.

"I wasn't here, don't ask me," she hissed.

"My brother was accosted?" Mason asked in his loudest and most dramatic voice.

Bryce shot him a quelling look, and Grace just held onto his sides, keeping her head buried in his back, no longer able to hold back the laughter. After a lengthy silence Grace peeked around at the hotel manager.

She thought he was going to explode. He had gone from pasty grey to bright vivid red. Grace was concerned for his health. She stepped out from behind Bryce. "It's fine, there's no need for any compensation. If it will help ease your mind, the hotel can buy my lunch in the dining room since that was where I was headed."

She immediately saw the redness leave the man's face as he gave a relieved smile. "Certainly, lunch for all of you is on the house."

"Excellent," Mason said. "I'm famished." He started to lead Cassie towards the dining room.