Chapter Ten

Jungkook POV

"Here," I said as I handed Taehyung a towel through the crack in the door.

"Thanks," I heard him respond.

"Taehyung," I called him before he could close the door on me.

"What is it?"

"Are you okay?"

"I already told you I was fine."

"I don't believe you."

"I know you don't."

"Then why don't you explain?"

"You still won't understand."

What? Of course I'll understand. It can't be that complicated. Taehyung always did sulk for the smallest things.

"I'll try to. If it means you'll look at me."

I heard him breathe out slowly. "Wait until I come out."

"Alright." He closed the door. I sat in the hallway waiting for him. If I did something else in the meantime, he would think I didn't care and he would've kept ignoring me.

It wasn't too long before Taehyung came out of the restroom. He wore a red T-shirt and black sweatpants, that I let him borrow of course. His towel hung on his manly shoulders and his wet hair made him look more attractive than he already was. It made me feel strange.

"Let's go to my room."

---------------------------------------

Taehyung POV

We sat there in silence for a minute or two. I knew he was expecting me to say something first, for me to break the ice. I knew how much he didn't like to pry into people's personal lives, especially mine. To him, I was the most mysterious person. I didn't talk a whole lot about my family or anything that didn't have to do with Jungkook in general. Okay, I didn't talk about my family at all.

I knew all about his family and personal life. I knew all his favorite things and all his weaknesses. I knew what made him blush and what made him angry. Hell, I even knew all the people he's ever talked to. Ever. Except Jimin.

Why was it so hard to accept him?

Because he stole your first love...
Because Jungkook likes him. Its so obvious.
Because he's so close to Jungkook. Are you sure they only knew each other for a week?
He's trouble. Definitely.

Many thoughts filled my head. They made me feel insecure and paranoid. Why doesn't Jungkook love me the way he loved Jimin? Loved? No. Loves.

I already established to myself that I was jealous. So how many times did I have to clarify that? I already established to myself that I cared for Jungkook. Deeply.

You don't care for him. You love him. Stop trying to hide it from yourself.
The voices in my head taunted me. But they were strangely helpful in realizing what I really wanted. What I needed.