Chapter 2: Party & Bullsh*t

Chapter 2: Party & Bullsh!t

"Lounging back, smoking sacks up in Ac's and sidekicks

With my sidekicks rocking fly kicks

Honey wanna chat, but all we wanna know is

Where the party at?"

Java Green.

After sending Nay that text, I stood in my room deciding on what I would wear. I knew Nay would be dressed to kill, so I would have to be on my A game. Besides, we were going to an upperclassmen party so I wanted all eyes to be on me tonight. After much debate I decided on a pair of denim booty shorts, a cold shoulder sleeveless red top, and a pair of knee-high fringe sandals. I pulled my naturally long, brown hair up into a high ponytail. Of course I topped the look off with my signature oversized hoops.

After applying a coat of lipgloss to my lips, I glanced in the mirror and popped them. I did a little spin and smirked in satisfaction. I looked damn good. The light reflected off my belly button ring that laid flat against my perfectly toned abs. I knew for sure I was gonna turn heads tonight.

Walking over to my unmade bed, I stuffed a few pillows underneath the comforter before turning off the lights. I crept over to the window and opened it halfway before climbing out. I shut it, leaving a crack just small enough for me to slide my fingers through and lift it back up when I returned home.

I could see Nay waiting for me at the end of the block in her sister's car. I hurried over to them and hopped into the car, slamming the door behind me. Heaven sat behind the wheel jamming to whatever song was playing on the radio. She looked over her shoulder and tossed me a smile. I waved back at her.

Nay's sister was 20 years old and already had two kids. She had her first one at 17, and her second two years later at 19. I wasn't knocking her or anything, but I definitely didn't want to end up like her ass when I got older. I'd seen first hand just how stressful taking care of a baby is. I enjoy playing with Nay's nieces when I go over, but I don't think that's something I'd want to put up with 24/7.

We drove about 20 minutes to the other side of town, and strolled up to a decent sized home. Cars were lined up and down the street, the yard was littered with high school students, and you could clearly hear the music bumping all the way down the block. Nay was right, this party was lit. I eagerly grabbed my door handle as Heaven's car came to a stop.

"I'll be back around 1:oo okay?" She turned to the both of us.

Nay quickly nodded her head and reached for her door handle, ready to step out as well. After one final goodbye to Heaven, we both hopped out the car and linked our arms together. We strolled up to the house like the giddy, rebellious, teenage girls we were. Before we got up to the door Nay stopped walking.

"Okay, now we got to go in here like we know we're the shit girl," Nay explained, rubbing her hands down her outfit.

I nodded in agreement, "You already know." We did our little handshake. The front door opened up and a few guys walked out laughing loudly while sipping on alcohol out of red, plastic cups.

Nay and I took this as an opportunity to walk in. Instantly we were hit with the stale smell of marijuana smoke mixed with cigarettes. The house was dark and smoky with the exception of a flood light coming from the fireplace in the living room. Desiigner's song "Panda" set the mood as hot, sweaty teenage bodies grinded to the music. Excitement rushed through my body as I took in my first upperclassmen party.