Double Spy

My hand was paused halfway up to my mouth as I just stared at him in disbelief. "What do you mean he took her? He who?"

He ran his hands multiple times through his hair as he groaned. "Dimitri. He took her."

"How?" Alex demanded and he immediately went on to his story.

"Well after you linked us that you were near, we moved to the other room with Eveline and stayed there for about five minutes. Then Quinn began to complain about feeling weak and that she needed to feed so of course I went with her while everyone else stayed with the baby." He took a deep breath and then continued on at a fast speed. "I watched from a distance as she hunted and then out of nowhere, she just looked up and gasped. She whimpered, and of course I ran to her as both Killian and I were worried." I opened my mouth to say something but he beat me to it. He gave me a small smile and said, "Killian is my wolf," before I nodded and he continued. "She just started to whisper nonsense about Dimitri and then she began to cry. All she kept on saying was 'No please. Don't take me!' Before she disappeared right in front of me. She disappeared! She fre*king disappeared from my arms!!!!" He growled and I saw his eyes changing to the familiar gold.

"Killian control yourself. Hurt my mate and pups and I'll hurt you myself," Alex snapped and I saw Killian nod.

"Sorry my King. Queen," he bowed slightly at me and then his eyes changed back. "Please help me get her back! Please!" His voice wasn't deep anymore. It was thick with worry and cracking with every other word.

Alex just nodded and gently placed me on the chair he was sitting on. "Of course we will help you get her back. We just have to find where she is exactly."

Daniel whimpered and looked down as Alex laid a heavy hand on his shoulder. I just stared at them, shocked that Dimitri had taken Quinn back.

What would he do to her? Would he punish her for betraying him? Would he keep her away from Daniel?

"Gather the men in the other room again. We will come up with a plan and then call for extra resources. Don't worry Daniel and Killian. We will get Quinn back."

With a quick nod, Daniel sped out of the room and Alex sighed deeply. He rubbed his temples and I immediately stood up to go hug him. "Please rescue her. She's my friend." I whispered as I buried my face on his chest. He hugged me back tightly and I felt his lips on my hair.

"Don't you worry as well. You won't go anywhere near that man ever again. You are going home love."

"Wait what? What do you mean I am going home?"

"It's not safe for you to be here right now. You are going back to the castle where there will be a whole army there to protect you."

I just stared at him in shock. "And you? Are you coming with me?"

He shook his head slowly. "I wish I could but I can't. I have to help and make sure hat Dimitri doesn't do something like this again."

My jaw dropped and a knot formed in my throat. "But I just got you back. You are already separating us again?"

He groaned and crushed me to his chest again as he repeatedly kissed my head. "No. I'm not separating us. I'm just making you and our pups safe. You are more important than me and now that I have all of you back, I will never let you out of my sight ever again."

"Well if I leave, you won't be able to see me."

His laugh lasted for a few seconds and he pulled my face up with his thumb and index finger. "You know what I mean."

"You said I'm going home?" He nodded and I whispered, "Well home is where the heart is. And you have my heart. So I can't leave you."

He smiled, stretched down to kiss me and whispered, "And you say I am corny."