chapter ten

You could feel the world slow down around you as if you were in an action movie. Your felt a burst of energy and your hands shook as you dove away from the woman with wide eyes. Not a second too soon, as, when you looked over your shoulder, you could see the woman facing you with crazed eyes from where you were.
"WHERE IS MY BABY? WHERE DID YOU TAKE IT?" She screamed, blood and saliva dripping from her mouth and falling onto the white floor. The liquid formed little circles of bubbled red liquid.

"I-I don't know! I don't have your baby!" You cry out in response, eyes wide from the adrenaline pumping through you.

"LIAR!" The woman shrieks, doing a speedy crawl to you with crazed blood red eyes. You quickly moved away from her, feeling your stomach twist. You could feel your heart pound in fear and... Excitement.
The chase was always the most fun...
But what's better is when the predator turns into to the prey.

Your veins began to faintly buzz as static rang in your ears. You dodged away from the woman's swiping claws, feet gliding across the floor. Your pulse quickened as well as your breathing, and you moved away from her again. Every time she advanced, you retreated. She moved quickly, so you forced yourself to as well. Your legs felt weak, and the more you moved, the more your limbs felt like jelly.
How were you going to get out of this?

Maybe if you killed her, you would be able to escape. You have to live. You have to. You have a life. This woman doesn't. And if she does, it isn't as important as yours. She is a freak. She doesn't deserve to live. Only you do. You will do anything to survive.
Even kill a person.
Right?

It is the only way, a voice in your head murmured as the memory of the sharp knives on the table went thought your mind. It is the only way. It is the only way. Only way. Stab her. Stab her. Live. Only way.
Your hand unconsciously went to your back pocket.

You were suddenly tackled to the ground, and a pair of pale, bloodstained hands wrapped around your throat.
"Where. Is. My. BABY?!" The woman screamed, slamming your head against the ground with each word. You grabbed at her hands, feeling the familiar sensation of hands tightening around your windpipe. This wasn't a dream anymore, was it?

An ache spread through your head as she slammed it against the cold, hard ground over and over and over again. Your vision began to go black around the edges as you struggled.
An entertaining way to get rid of a useless piece of trash, a deep voice in your mind chuckled.
. . .
Was that all you were? A way to entertain?
Is that why they caused you so much pain? For their own amusement...?

No.
No.
NonononononoNONONONO

You felt your veins vibrate wildly as you brought your arm back. A (skin tone) fist slammed into the woman's cheek, and she shrieked in pain in response. You pulled your legs to your chest, and with a rough kick, the woman was knocked off of you.

Before she could collect her senses, you ran over and pinned her body with yours. You sat on her stomach, not caring if she was able to breathe or not. You used one hand to pin hers above her head, and the other to reach into your back pocket.

The woman began to bite at your wrist, screaming and shaking her head wildly. Your vision trembled a bit as the familiar metal knife appeared and you flipped it open.

The woman's eyes widened and she immediately began to try to get you off of her. She screamed insanely, most of it sounding like gibberish. What you could make out was, They took it! My baby! My baby! I NEED MY BABY!

Your hands tightened on the knife as you felt a sick glee fill you at the sight of her struggling form.
Yet, there was also the feeling of pity. This woman missed her child, and was probably driven insane because they were taken from her. She didn't know what she was doing. She just wanted her family back...

Your emotions conflicted one another as you stared down at the screaming woman.

What should you do?
-Release her.
-Use the knife.

(greetings.
in order to progress the story, you must choose what to do with the woman. either you release her, or you use your knife.
you have one week to vote. the option with the most votes will be the action you take.
both actions have their own consequences. weigh your options and choose wisely.
also, thank you for over 20 thousand views. we appreciate your support...
good luck.

update: voting is now closed. you have made your choice.