Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 26: Wednesday's

Song Chapter: Into you by Ariana Grande 🌙

Excuse the mistakes.

****

Aria Evans

"You owe me."

His act for taking the blame of the baby situation was still fresh in my mind as I observed him. His dark black hair was slicked back today, a dark shirt and black jeans accompanying it.

Pouting my lip, I reluctantly got in the car, his cologne instantly wafting around my body. His whole car smelled like him and I was shamefully loving it.

"Fine, just as long as you bring me back by eight."

Closing the door, I made sure to put on my seat belt, safety always coming first.

It took me a minute to process that we were still not moving, looking next to me, Zander gave me a hesitant look.

"What's happening at eight?"

Smiling innocently, I made no attempt in telling him the truth as I came up with a lie.

"Parents gave me a curfew."

I didn't know why I felt the need to lie to Zander, I honestly had nothing to hide.

So why did I feel so guilty?

Zander looked like he didn't believe me as he slowly nodded, getting in the driver's seat to start the engine, exiting the school's Parking lot.

We drove for a while as silence consumed us, each second calming my nerves.

The last time I was in his car, I was handcuffed to him. It seemed like forever ago when it really had been only a few days.

"So are we ever going to stop kidding ourselves and actually start looking for the key?"

He was silent for a moment as I awaited his answer, turn signals clicking repeatedly as he made a right turn.

"What makes you think I haven't been looking?"

The sun was blazing warmly today, contrary to the cold weather we've been having all week.

My eyes were glued to the window as we passed by our small city.

"I don't know, maybe the fact that we're both still wearing police handcuffs."