Two Punks and a Hipster

"Well well, Chloe Price. I thought you would connect the dots way sooner. Of course, without Max you're just muscle. No real brains in that dyed head."

Jefferson takes his mask off and shows us his face, he doesn't know I am here, I could use this in my advantage.

"What do you want from Rachel?" Chloe asks holding the gun steady, and not letting anything break her walls down.

I didn't know she was this strong or calm, how many times has she had to save Rachel's ass?

"You know Rachel right, likes to be captured, yet she doesn't stand still when you ask her to? A very energetic girl, always on the move."

Chloe cocks the gun making me look up at her in shock. Is she about to shoot our teacher?

"Start making sense or I'll make you talk."

She slowly walks towards Jefferson who is wearing an ear to ear grin with a look in his eyes I can only describe as psychopathic.

"You are really hot headed, you know that?"
Jefferson mocks taking a few steps closer.

I can see Chloe's finger twitching against the trigger and before she pulls it I jump out from my hiding place, putting on the flashlight and yelling her name. In a matter of seconds Jefferson grabs Chloe and tries to disarm her, the light of the flashlight blinds me as it shines in all directions while Jefferson and Chloe fight over the gun.

During the struggle a bullet is fired, making the birds flee their nests as they let out screams of terror, which I nearly do too.

Jefferson wins, and holds Chloe in a choke hold while aiming the gun steady at me.

"Max Caulfield, I was so wrong about you. You seemed so smart, yet you let this good for nothing punk ruin your life."

He puts the gun to her head, Chloe desperately trying to escape until she feels the cold metal against her ear. Her eyes grow wider as she realizes the danger she is in. I keep my gun pointed at Jefferson, but I will never be able to get a clear shot. It's too risky.

"Come on Max, put down the gun or I'll waste a bullet on something that would've been dead in a year anyways."

I can feel Chloe's rage and pain. The words Jefferson speaks are simply horrible, I don't know how she stays this calm. It's as if she knows that somehow she will survive through this. Despite everything that has happened I can't afford to lose Chloe, especially not like this.

I start to put down the gun until I notice blonde hair sneak up behind Jefferson. Rachel's head appears from a corner and I look at Jefferson while pretending to be thinking.

"Come on Max, time is ticking," he warns, readjusting the gun towards Chloe's cheek.

"Maybe I shouldn't kill her. Just make her incapable of speech. What do you think miss Price?"

"I think you should go to hell," Chloe answers with a big smirk.

Jefferson clicks his tongue and hits Chloe against her head making her fall down to the ground lifelessly like a rag-doll. I fire a shot at Jefferson but miss him epically.

He furrows his brows and aims his gun at me. I make myself ready to jump out of the way.

"Missed me," he says and unexpectedly fires a shot.

The bullet impales a tree behind me and I jump down into the bushes, clicking off the flashlight. He sees me and aims another shot but Rachel jumps on his back, giving me a chance to escape.

"Get out of here Max!"
she screams while clawing Jefferson's face.

I don't run, I don't know what to do. Chloe is lying there half dead and Rachel might have a worse fate if Jefferson finally wins the battle. Because of my hesitation Rachel gets flung off Jefferson's back and he holds her down with his foot.

"Come out Max or she dies. Obviously."

Okay, Max. Think. If I screw this up they're dead. It's time for me to be an everyday hero. I take a deep breath and put my hands in the air as I slowly leave the bushes. Stepping into plain sight, I carefully lay the gun on the ground.
"That's a good girl. Doing as you're told."

Now, I just have to wait for him to get too close and let his guard down. Maybe I can actually stop him, if I time this just right. Rachel starts to squirm. Jefferson kicks her as hard as he can in the ribs.

"Stay still, you pretentious whore!"

Her soft hazel eyes start to fill with tears.

"Suck a dick," she whimpers between her groans. My teacher glares at Rachel and then at me with darkness I've never seen before. Not in life. I can't believe this monster was joking around in my classroom just hours ago.

"Slide the gun over," he commands.

"Why don't you come and get it?"

I test my boundaries by defying Jefferson's command. I know he has this whole hunger for power thing going on, that was pretty obvious in his classes.

"Come on Max, how stupid do you think I am?"

He aims his gun at Chloe who is still knocked out.

"Don't make me destroy your muse."

In a split second I grab the pistol, drop myself to the ground and start firing the gun, I've pulled the trigger so many times that it's clicking on empty chambers. In shock, I drop the pistol.

Did I...?

Jefferson stares at his bleeding shoulder, and lets out an animalistic growl. He rushes towards me, closing the gap between us before I think to move. He hits me so hard that I hit the dirt, with enough force to knock the air from my lungs.

"I fucking hate hipsters."

The last thing I see is the black shoe Jefferson's wearing, and everything fades to black.