Chapter II

I ended up not spilling what I have to tell him.

You know that feeling when you get that when you're put on the spot but you already memorized the lines that you are going to deliver and you are a hundred percent positive that you'll deliver it well but when you are on THAT spot, that actual spot, you start to blabber things out of your mouth that isn't even related with the topic and you just end up not spilling what you really want to spill? That's what I have gone through the last three nights ago.

As soon as I stepped inside that coffee shop, I instantly felt cold feet. My surroundings darkened as a wave of anxiety rushed inside of me. I was quivering and was too scared to tell him everything I have memorized inside my head. I guess I really do not have the balls to confess my feelings to my best friend.

I am a coward. Or maybe I am just afraid that I might lose him and our friendship.

Today is the first day of school. I recently switched schools just this last year in high school since I was having a hard time at my previous school. 

When I arrived at school, I went directly to the Dean's office to receive my schedule and probably get a scheduled school tour. Though, I still can't forget about the girl I bumped into earlier, the one with golden locks and a beauty mark below her left eye. I wasn't expecting to turn someone's day into a worse one by accidentally pushing them.

In my defense, my back was the one who pushed her meaning I didn't have a clue about it. It was totally an accident but as for her, it wasn't much of an accident. 

"Mr. Anderson will see you now," A lady wearing a long white shirt and a black pencil skirt approaches me. She was wearing thick-rimmed eyeglasses and the way she dyed her hair blonde seems so obvious. 

I follow her as she stops in front of a door, knocking first before turning the knob and pushing it. She plasters a smile on her face as she gestures me to enter the room, I gave her a nod before I went inside and watch her slam the door right at my face.

"Please, take a seat, Ms. Jones," His voice was deeply rough yet it was loud enough for my ears to hear. I took a seat on his right side (my left) as I adjusted the chair to my liking before throwing him a smile of my own. "Welcome to Anderson High School,"

"It's a pleasure,"

"Right," He says as he starts scavenging through papers on his desk before handing a paper towards me. "This is your schedule and your locker number as well as for your combination is written down there. If you have any questions regarding the school, you can ask one of the students here."

I grabbed the paper from his hand and scanned it as I nod my head at what he just said, "I made a schedule for a school tour for you later at around..." he stops midway his sentence and starts staring into his computer screen as he starts typing something on the keyboard, "Lunchtime, sounds good for you?"

"Any time is a good time," I faked a smile on my face as he nods his head, smiling at me. "May I leave now? I don't wanna late for class anyway," I say as he nodded his head.

"You can check up the bulletin board outside this office if you want to. I already gave your first subject teacher a heads up about you, being late," He says. "But if you insist on heading to your class, that's also fine."

"That's actually great, thank you," I say as I stood up from the chair, "It was nice meeting you..." I say as my face scrunches up into a questioning look, "Sir," I added, making him laugh as I headed towards the door awkwardly, twisting the doorknob as I pull it then eventually leaving the room.

I gave a nod at the lady who assisted me earlier before leaving the office. When I was out of the office, the bell starts ringing, unknown if it was the tardy bell or not. I take a look at the schedule as I started walking. I look up and down from the paper as I try to find the room number that was assigned for the first period.

I suddenly find myself being plunged towards the floor as I scratch the back of my head. I look up and saw a young man towering above me as he looks down on me, "Should've watched where you're going," he says.

He didn't even offer his hand out to me for help and he says that as if it was my fault. "This is a hallway, and you're standing in the middle of it. Which means it's not my fault that I bumped into you. It's your fault for choosing to stand in the middle of this h-a-l-l-w-a-y," I said slowly, making him roll his eyes at me. 

He plasters a smirk on his face as I push myself up from the floor, dusting the back of my jeans as I bumped into his shoulder intentionally as I pass by. My lips tugged into a smirk as I open the door that has the assigned number written on the nameplate beside it.

As soon as I opened the door, all eyes instantly directed towards me. It was so quiet that it somehow bothered me. The teacher was standing beside a student as he gave me a questioning look, "Didn't I tell you that I hate students who are being late?"

"I was walking from--"

"Detention!" 

He screams as I duck my head, shrinking into myself as I get myself to be embarrassed on the first day of school. The girls started whispering from each other as my face turns into a questionable look. "Cayden, baby," I hear the same girl from earlier, whom I bumped into as well, saying that. I turn around and saw the hallway guy who is standing behind me.

He throws a nod towards the girl I accidentally pushed as she looks at me with the most intimidating look that no one has ever given me, "Hello there, gorgeous," he whispers right into my ear as I whipped my head around, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Both of you, detention! Don't make me come to the Dean's office and--"

"Okay, Mr. Brown, whatever," The guy behind me says, making some of the girls squeal as some of the boys started to snicker in their seats. "Jeez, don't get your panties in a twist, Mr. Brown. Calm yourself down if you don't want to get any wrinkles,"

"Detention for two weeks!"

"You do know that I am related to the Dean, right? So, you tell him about anything that I'm doing; I can also do the same to you as well."

"I have no place to be afraid of you," The teacher says, "Respect me as your teacher and go to the detention room or I'll drag you both there myself, what's it going to be?" He added as he placed a hand on his hip.

I start to back up from the door as the hallway guy closes it. I started walking towards the left hallway, stomping my two feet like a child. "Where are you going?" I stop in my tracks as I hear the hallway guy shout.

I turn my heel around and gave him a snarky look, "Detention is this way, gorgeous," he says making me roll my eyes and start stomping my feet once again. He starts chuckling to himself as I make my way towards him.

"Thanks a lot for getting me into one of your scripted troubles," I say as I darted my eyes on him as I continue to walk towards the opposite hallway, finding my way towards the Detention room.

Now, they say that boys like him are hot and cool, but for me, boys like him only scream for trouble, and that is the last thing I ever want to get myself be involved with.

***