Chapter 17

Song of the Day - Britney Spears - Criminal

***

His lips are so soft against mine. I literally just stand there, not moving mine. He's pretty much doing all the work. I'm so confused and shocked. He then caresses my face with his hand gently. I gave in and I close my eyes, returning his kiss. And trust me when I say this... all I want is more. My hands shoot up into his hair. It's so soft.

"Shit." He says, breaking the connection of our lips. He grabs my behind and hoists me up. I wrap my legs around him. He leans me against the wall. His lips are once again on mine, taking all that I'm willing to give him.

"Wait..." He puts me down. Our lips are still connected.

"What..."

"We have to stop..." He says, trying to stop me.

"No..." I say. I bite his lip.

"You started this, so we're going to finish it," I whisper.

"No... Stop..." He says but I ignore him.

"I said STOP!" He yells and pushes me away. I stare at him, shocked.

He closes his eyes and runs his hand through his hair. "I-I'm sorry." He whispers softly and leaves the room quickly. I blink.

What the hell just happen?

I walk over to my bed and sink into it.

I feel so... I have no words to explain how I feel right now.

That kiss was absolutely... amazing. I swear I felt fireworks. James never kissed me like that... Oh shit! I just cheated on my boyfriend! Well... I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm dead and has moved on anyways.

I stop thinking about James and turn my attention back to the real problem.

Why did he stop the kiss? Was I really that bad? Maybe he regrets it. Maybe he has a girlfriend already. But wouldn't I have seen her? God, this guy is messing with my head.

Time passes, and I get up to change. But instead, I decide to take a shower.

When I'm done, I find some comfortable pajamas and I put them on. I start combing my long brown hair thinking about all that has happened this morning. From breakfast to the party slash get together, to the kiss. My stomach starts to growl, telling me that it's hungry. I quickly tie my hair into a bun and leave my bathroom.

I get out of my room and head to the kitchen to cook. I decide to cook shrimp Alfredo with spaghetti because it's my favorite dish. I glance over at Noah watching something in the living room. He has changed his clothing. He is now wearing a plain light blue t-shirt with some track pants.

I am finished within forty minutes. I walk into the living room quietly. He looks up and mutes the tv when he sees me. "I just finished cooking. Do you want some food? Are you hungry?" I asked him.

"Sure..." He answers awkwardly and stands, following me to the kitchen.

I put the food on a plate and I hand it to him.
He takes a seat on the counter table and starts eating. I sit down beside him and I start to eat. He is silent throughout the whole meal. When we are done, I grab our plates and wash the dishes.

When the kitchen is all clean, I join him in the living room.

Okay, Ava. Be cool.

I take a seat and a few minutes later I feel him glance over at me. He grabs the remote and mutes the tv.

"Why did you do that?" I ask, referring to him muting the tv.

He gets up and sits close to me. He turns his body toward me. I feel his warmth.

"Yes?" I ask awkwardly.

"I'm sorry... about what happened earlier. I shouldn't have done that."

"Why?" I ask. " Why shouldn't you have done that?"

But before he could say anything, I smack my lips against his. Every light bulb inside of me lights up instantly. He returns it and I climb on top of him, continuing. My hand reaches into his hair once again and he doesn't stop me this time.

Thank the Lord for that.

We finally stop and I'm breathless. I lean back and stare in this blue beautiful eyes. He too looks at me and caresses my cheek in his hand.

"So, what are we doing?" I ask him. To be honest, I don't know where we stand and I don't know how he feels. I don't even know what this is.

"I don't know." He says.

I blush. He smiles. "You look so cute when you blush." He says, stroking my cheek with his fingers.

"Do you..." I blush again.

"Come on, baby. Just say whatever's on your mind." He says encouraging me.

He called me baby! Ava, calm down!

"D-Do you w-wanna like..." I stutter. I hope he knows what I'm trying to ask him.

He stays quiet for a bit. "Hmmm. I don't know... " He says, looking like he's deep in thought.

Are you fucking kidding me?!

"Yeah." He replies.

My eyes widen. "Really?"

"Yeah, sure. We can try it out."

I smile at him and he returns my smile. I grab his face and we start kissing again. He is surprised but then he wraps his arms around my body, returning the kiss.

That's when we hear a gasp. We pull away and standing next to the couch is Cora.