chapter - 33

Violet's POV -

I was just six years old. Just six years when my parents had met with an accident. I was at my grandmother's place that fateful night , listening to her amazing stories about brave kings and their beautiful queens when the phone rang. When I heard the news , even though my six year old self didn't know what actual pain felt like , I could see my whole world crumbling down. I felt like a cripple who couldn't stand on my own feet and needed support physically as well as mentally. I could feel it spinning and the worst of all was I could do nothing about it.

Numb is what I felt and that is what I feel now.

Suddenly , my thoughts were interrupted by Amelia's gasp.

I snap my head towards her only to see her body draining out of consciousness. Her grip on my arm loosened and I held her tightly , shaking and shouting her name to wake her up.

" Nurse !" The doc yelled .

" Amelia ! AMY !" I slightly slap her face to get any reaction.

In the process , my hold loosened and she fell down with a thud.

" Take her to the adjacent room." The doc instructs and nurses follow him.

" What happened to her ? She is gonna be okay , isnt she ? " I ask him.

" Yes ! She just couldnt bear the news." He says assuringly and walks away.

I walk inside the room to see the nurses attending her. I sit on the sofa besides the bed and close my eyes to ease the tension.

Breathe in , breathe out.

Suddenly , Michael barges in the room startling me and the nurses.

" What the hell ?" He whisper-yells.

The nurses give us a very annoyed look and as if taking their clue , I grab his hand and drag him outside.

" What happened to her now !!?" He exclaims.

" The doctor came in a few minutes ago informing us about Sam's condition." I say with a poker expression.

" And what it is ? It has to be bad if she ....." He trails off giving me a very horrified expression.

" He lost his memory." I whisper , trying to hide the pain from my voice. I cannot afford to breakdown.

" You......you ....do you even know what you're saying ?" He asks me , his eyes as wide as saucers.

" I'm afraid its the truth." I say .

" Wh--ho-- what the fuck !" He yells , pulling his hair out in frustration.

" We have no other choice but to accept it. I know its shattering and painful but we have to be strong for Amy. She ......" I trail off , looking at her pale unconscious figure lying on the hospital bed seen from the transparent window of the room.

" She is gonna be okay ." He says assuring me but it felt as if the assurance was for himself.

" What happened to Sam's car ?" I ask him as I suddenly realize it .

" It hardly even passes as a car now. I took care of it though." He says .

" Okay." I say and we walk back inside.

________________________________________

Two hours later ~

Violet's POV -

"Amelia gained consciousness. She is asking for you guys." The doctor cones outside and informs me and Michael.

We were sitting in her hospital room while the nurses attended her but the doctor insisted us to wait outside.
As soon as he says that , we rush inside to see her talking to a nurse.