Mr. Carter

As I stepped outside I didn't realize that there was a slight drizzle. Good thing I have my beige coat in my car.

Every time I see my car my smile appeared. I have an Audi R8 V10 all black. After my father died he left me every little penny he had in his will. My mother passed away when I was still a baby. So my father raised me right out of the womb. His death left me in a depressed state for at least a year and a half. He died from lung cancer when I was just a freshman in college.

He knew I always dreamed of having this car so in his will my car was paid off fully, ready for me to just get the keys but I had to graduate from college first before I could get my hands on it.

This car was an absolute beauty to drive. I always felt like a badass when driving it. I plugged my phone in so I can listen to music. It feels like an Alabama Shakes kind of morning. I relaxed while the song On Your Way started to play.

As I arrived at Carter Inc. & Enterprises my heart started to beat a little faster and butterflies formed in my stomach. This place was absolutely huge. As I entered the office I was shocked how impressive this place looked not just from the outside but inside. There was glass walls every where. You could see the outside through the glass but people on the outside couldn't see you.

As I approached the lady in the front I realized that every one takes their job very serious around here.

"Hi my name is Averey Adams and I'm here for my interview that starts at 8:30 for my posit..."

"Go to those elevators on your right and hit the button for the 60th floor. You are expected." She turned her attention back to her computer and started typing.

I walked away, "Thanks I guess," I uttered under my breath. As I walked to the elevators I noticed they were glass as well. What is with all the glass? My hands started to shake. I hate heights. But I better get used to it if I get this job.

As I finally entered the 60th floor after what felt like 10 hours, I was greeted by yet another woman.

"Miss Adams?"

"Uh...yeah. I'm here for my interview with Mr. Carter."

"He is on the phone at the moment. Please take a seat and I will let you know when he is ready for you."

"Of course. Thank you."

I sat and felt even more nervous than I was before I even came in here. And I have no idea why.

After like 30-40 minutes of just sitting I was starting to get impatient. Who is this guy talking to the President of the United States? It's already past 9:00. Just as I was about to leave from this ridiculous interview. The lady looked up and said,

"Mr. Carter is ready for you now. Just walk down the hall and the first door on your right is where his office is located."

Finally I thought in my head.

"Thank you," I said exasperated but I didn't mean to be so rude to her, it wasn't her fault he took forever.

As I walked down the hallway and had my hand on the doorknob, I took a deep breath and walked in.

I couldn't feel my knees when I looked into the eyes of Mr. Carter himself. Who knew he was so young and beyond hot. This is not what I expected. His blue eyes felt like they could see right through me. He was particularly tall with unruly brown hair. I think his 5 o' clock shadow made him 100x more hot and gorgeous. I do like men with facial hair.

As I was checking him out feature per feature I didn't know he stuck his hand out for me to shake until he coughed for me to come back to Earth.

"Uh...sorry. Averey Adams it is a pleasure to meet you." A huge pleasure.

"Now that I got your attention back. Please take a seat. You know I don't want my employees to be day dreaming all day like you just did." Jeesh he wasn't holding anything back.

"Umm...sorry Sir."

"Don't let it happen again. Is that understood?" Yeah jerk it's understood.

"Of course. It won't happen again," I said with the fakest smile. His personality really made him less attractive.

"Are you not going to take off your jacket? It's not raining in here." Smartass.

"Oh yes." I stood up and took my jacket off.

"There is a jacket hook near the door should you wish to put it on there."

"Okay thank you." I walked to the hook and placed my jacket there. I felt his eyes on me the whole time. I knew I should've changed. When I turned back his eyes were very noticeably checking me out, up and down. I was red when I sat back down. Can this just be over already.

"Your resume to me was very intruiging since you were one of the top ten students in your class I assumed you were a smart hard worker. I'm very impressed," he said with his eyes on mine the whole time. He paused still looking at my eyes. I blushed. Why did he make me feel so nervous?

"Do I make you feel nervous Miss. Adams?" Can he read my mind?

"If I said no I would be lying sir." I laughed nervously.

He smirked. "Good I want you to be intimidated by me." I blushed once again. "Well since you were the only one I called back, it's seems that you have gotten the job. Welcome to Carter Inc. & Enterprises."

I was shocked. The only one. But why me? There had to be more applicants. "Out of curiosity, why did you only call me? Of course I'm taking the job it's just that I'm a little surprised." Me and my stupid curiosity.

"Like I said I found your resume to be very impressive. You had the job before you walked in, I just wanted to see you for myself first. And I'm satisfied with my decision." He smirked. That dang smirk can make you melt.

"When do you want me to start?"

"Tomorrow. Be here precisely at 8:00 a.m no later. Is that understood?" Precisely? I just waited for the guy for like 40 minutes, now he's telling me not to be late? Typical.

"I won't be late Mr. Carter. Thank you for the job."

"You're welcome."

As I was standing up to leave Mr. Carter said, "Sorry for making you wait Averey." He just said my name for the first time and it sounded so good coming out of his mouth. My heart beated a little faster.

"It's okay Sir." Let me leave. Please. He just stared at me for what felt like a whole minute of awkward silence. 

He finally nodded and I knew that was my cue for dismissal. I took my coat off the hook and speed walked to the elevator. That had to be one of the most intense conversations I have ever had. I was nervous yet excited to come in tomorrow.