Something's Wrong

Marlena pulled her shirt back over her head as she ran down the stairs, more than thankful that Clint and his family, along with Sam, Steve, and Tony had left the house for the day. Pietro and Wanda still remained at the house, but the two were too busy catching up with one another to even bother noticing what had went on in Marlena's room just several minutes ago, and because of that she was glad. She felt bad, however, for making Levi wait so long for her to show up. He had sent her a text message telling her that he had been waiting outside for her for quite some time, and this prompted the end of Marlena's time with Bucky.

She shoved the front door open and stepped onto the porch, finally managing to get her shirt situated over her shoulders. Levi, who stood in the grass, looked over at her, his brow raising slightly as he took in her appearance. The shirt she had worked so hard to put on was on backwards, her hair was everywhere, and her skin was flushed, as well as what looked to be a bit clammy. He didn't even need to ask her anything at all to know what she had just finished doing.

"Your shirt's on backwards, Mar," Levi told her with a chuckle.

Marlena looked down at her shirt and cussed, though she decided against fixing it. "Whatever, I don't even care," she grumbled as she pulled her messy hair into an elastic. . .well, as much as she could.

"Aside from your disgruntled hair and clothes, you're glowing." Levi smirked, "Barnes must really know what he's doing."

"Don't talk about it," Marlena said, clearing her throat awkwardly.

Levi chuckled. "I was gonna be mad at you for leaving me out here for fifteen damn minutes, but I'll let it slide. . .just like you let him slide-"

"Levi, shut up!" Marlena exclaimed, her cheeks reddening with embarrassment. "Can we just do this so I can go back inside and sleep?"

"You mean go back inside and finish off what you started with your little boyfriend?"

"Fiancé, but yeah," Marlena breathed out, slightly annoyed that Levi was just a clone of Sam.

Levi's eyes widened at the sound of her words, and he moved towards her, placing his hands on her shoulders and shaking her lightly. "You're engaged? What the fuck, Marlena? When were you gonna tell me this crucial piece of information?"

Marlena shushed him and covered his mouth with her hand. "Shut up, idiot. You and Sam are the only ones who know, and as of right now I would like to keep it that way."

"Oh, my little baby is growing up," Levi cooed as he wrapped her in a tight hug.

"You're such an idiot," Marlena chuckled as she hugged him back.

"An idiot that you love."

"Whatever."

★ ★ ★

"C'mon, you can do way better than that, Levi," Marlena scolded her friend.

She placed her hands on her hips and looked down at where he lay on the ground, a small smirk coming onto her face as she did so. The two were now in the middle of one of their training sessions, rather than their usual run to his property and back to Clint's three times. Levi never thought that fighting against Marlena without the use of her powers would be difficult at all, but she was still very much in touch with her physical combatant skills, and Levi could hardly keep up, even after so many weeks. Though his skills seemed to get better with each session, Marlena could still overpower him with ease. This was what she had originally been trained for only two years ago.