Chapter III

Edited

After leaving the detention room. Charlie, the student who is giving me a tour around the school, was waiting for me for 25 minutes. Which made her miss her break time, but she told me that there's nothing I should be worried about since she already ate.

She gave me a tour and it was surprisingly, boring. I hate tours especially when it is not related to touring a country, so touring a museum is also boring as this.

After 30 minutes or so, she finished the tour and we stopped at my locker. "I hope you won't get lost anytime soon and you can always ask me for any assistance," Charlie says as she smiles at me.

"I'll see you around, Hailey!" She says before walking off to her next class. I entered the combination that is written on a sheet of paper for my locker and unlocked it. I placed my English book inside and a couple of notebooks from the class I have missed because I was in a detention room.

I grabbed the paper that the Headmaster gave me and checked my schedule for my next period and how much time do I have left. I was distracted when I heard a girl beside me talking to herself a bit loudly as I cringe. I closed my locker and was startled when I saw a girl standing in front of me, smiling like a freak.

"Hi! I heard that you were the new student so I decided to go and find you because I know high school might be tough for you right now, especially when you are new to this school. Also—"

I extended my hand for her to shake, "Hi, I'm Hailey and you are?" She stops talking as she stares at my hand for a good fifteen seconds before shaking it.

"I'm Amelia. Have you eaten yet? There's like 10 minutes left for break time, do you want to join me and my friends at the Cafeteria?" Amelia asks as I smiled at her and nodded my head.

She clings her arm in mine, "Let's go and meet some of my friends!" She says as she drags me along with her.

I don't usually do this with other people who try to confront me on the first day, this is actually the first time I have done this which makes me weirded out all of a sudden about my own actions.

We arrived at the Cafeteria. It was loud and it seems busy, the lunch ladies are trying to feed the hungry students as the line continues to increase by the time we arrive. Amelia drags me to where the line starts and we waited patiently for our turn.

I think just waiting for my turn in this line would probably take me 10-15 minutes of waiting since the progress of this line is so slow. They should have two or three cashiers instead of having one.

After a few minutes passed by, finally, it was our turn to grab some food. I chose some chicken nuggets and a cheese pizza that looks appetizing enough to eat and some baby carrots on the side, for beverages, I grabbed a bottle of water to keep me hydrated. I paid for my food and waited for Amelia to pay for hers.

"You're going to love my friends, I know you will," Amelia chats with me as we start walking and I follow her to where she is going. "You don't have to worry about feeling left out because they are or should I say, we, are so friendly."

Amelia is such a vivacious and loquacious person. I wish I was that type of person, but I am such a sucker for making friends. Which makes me an introvert because I'd rather let them speak first than me speaking up, which lessened the chance of me, getting some real friends in this school.