Lost and Found

*Hey guys. Sorry this is such a long chapter. I apologize. It is kind of a filler and kind of boring. Again I am sorry. Please bear with me. But again, please vote, comment, read, and share. I'm thinking about doing a once a week uploading schedule for the summer. Is that alright? Let me know what you guys think. Ciao!*

I looked down to see the girls sleeping. I sighed, and rubbed Tilda's back. Another hand grabbed mine gently. It stung mildly. "They just fell asleep." I whispered.

"I know. Are you alright? How are your burns?" I had forgotten about those in the heat of the moment. No pun intended.

"A lot worse considering burns are the least of my worries." I answered. I looked down, seeing my clothes ruined. It went just above my stomach now. I was glad my cloak was with Dwalin or else it'd be ruined. Charred remains of my bandages were around my sides. I peeled them off slowly. My skin was red, blistered, and I'd imagine I had a second degree burn. I've had plenty of first degree ones from steam in the kitchen, and this was worse. But I wasn't charred.

"What do you mean? You're burned from a beam that was on fire. What could be worse?" The others had joined us at the edge of the bank, looking curiously. Everyone else looked around nervously. It was almost like they expected Smaug to rise up again.

"Burns... over wounds from glass..." I said slowly, flinching at the jolts of pain. "Apparently none to shallow." I added. His eyes widened, before finally looking down where my shirt was singed away. It was red, blistered, and my wounds felt like fire at this point. He took my hands gently, and turned them over. They looked like the rest of my body. Fili came behind me, gently touching my back. I cried out.

"Tauriel! Have you any Kingsfoil?" Fili said. Tauriel came over, and even she couldn't hide the gasp, covering her mouth for a moment. "Tauriel." Fili said again. She came over, kneeling down as well.

"Take off your weapons. Lie back." She instructed gently. I looked down at the girls.

"But the girls..." I argued softly. Gently, they were moved from my side by Fili and Kili, and they laid them a few feet away. The adapted quickly, curling into themselves, bundling together.

"Now you have no excuse. Lie back." Tauriel said smugly. I knew she was trying to relieve the tension. I sighed, and leaned back onto my elbows, and the cold grass touched my back. I yelped. The cool sensation felt good on the burns, but not the pressure or the texture. "Right... Then just stand." I reached a hand up, and Kili grabbed my wrist, hoisting me up.

I stood shakily. Tauriel walked around my figure, checking the burns. I couldn't deny that the inside of the glass wounds were a little blackened, and white. She finally stopped scrutinizing me, and stood to full height. I forgot how tall she was. I felt so small. "I'm afraid that athelas wouldn't do anything anyway. It's for a poison, and heals more magical injuries, or from near death. This is a physical wound, and therefore there is nothing that can be done." She said sadly.

"Oin, do you have anything?" Kili said. The dwarf's head shook sadly. "Damn it!" He shouted. I knew he was frustrated that he couldn't do anything. I knew he was frustrated I let myself get this hurt while he was injured. I sighed, and sat back down, putting my weapons back on.

"As I said. We'll just look at it when we get to Erebor. There will be supplies there. I'm sure of it. Besides... it doesn't hurt that bad." I winced even as I said that. I was lying through my teeth, but I had to help the others deal with it somehow.

"Lass, you do realize that you were trapped under a burning beam, got burned on your hands and such, as well as have that over previous wounds?" Bofur stated the obvious.