#47. Rumor Has It (Part 2) » Chris

It had been nearly a month since what happened with Chris. He hadn't tried to contact you and you hadn't tried to contact him. The rumors about him and Minka only continued to grow. More and more pictures were being taken and published in magazines and the more you seen, the more your heart broke.

Your friend kept trying to tell you it would all be okay and you just needed to move on, but you couldn't. You were so heartbroken. You thought you and Chris were going good. You were hoping that at the Civil War red carpet, you two would finally come out as a couple. Apparently not.

You were flipping through the channels when you came across Ellen. You loved watching Ellen. Even on your worst days, she managed to make you laugh.

Today, however, it just so happened that one of her guests was Chris. You were too invested in the show to change it. You watched and listened as Chris talked about Civil War and the cast of Avengers and his personal life. That's when Ellen brought it up.

"I heard you've got someone in your life," she said, leaning forward with anticipation. Chris' mood changed completely. "What?"

"Nothing," he sighed. "It's just...things are kinda rocky in that situation."

"Things not going well with you and Minka?"

Just the mention of her name ripped your heart to shreds.

"There's nothing with me and Minka." The audience gasped and so did you. "Those pictures that have been coming out, they're nothing. She and I met up once and everyone jumped to conclusions. She's with someone else and so am I."

More gasps.

Now, you were more into than before. Was he really about to tell everyone about you two? Especially a month after you sort of broke up? If that's what you could even call what happened.

"You are?" Ellen asked. "May I ask who?"

"She..." Chris sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "She's slightly mad at me. Not even slightly. She's very mad at me, actually. I haven't talked to her in nearly a month. I messed a sure thing up by going to see Minka when I told my girlfriend that I never see her anymore. I could have at least..."

He trailed off. He was lost in his own thoughts. Ellen quickly called for a commercial break. You jumped up from your seat and grabbed your cell phone.

You debated on what to say to Chris. There were so many possibilities. Something nice, something angry, something mean?

You settled for: "i'm watching you on ellen"

Something simple.

There was no response. You waited, staring at your phone, but there was nothing. Soon, the show began again. You decided to shove your phone into your pocket and watch to see what happened.

Chris was sitting back in Ellen's guest seat. Ellen was sat next to him with her legs crossed, sat forward the way she was before.

"We're back with Chris Evans and before the break we were talking about his unknown girlfriend. Now Chris, during the break, you actually got a text from her?" Ellen said. So Chris did get your text.

"I did," Chris said with a nod. "She told me she was watching the show."

"Anything you'd like to say to her before you're finished?"

Chris shuffled to turn towards the camera. "(Y/N) - " Your heart raced as he said your name. "I'm so sorry. I'm the biggest idiot to ever walk the planet. Our break up, it was all my fault. I should've told you I was going out with Minka and I definitely shouldn't have put my arm around her like that. I can understand if you never forgive me, but I want you to know that I'll always love you." The audience awe'd. "And...here I am, finally telling the world. I love you, (Y/N) (Y/L/N)."

Tears welled up in your eyes as Ellen thanked Chris for being on the show and told everyone the next guest would be right back.

You were immediately regretting not contacting Chris before. You were so upset, you never even thought to give him a chance. You had to wipe the tears that were blurring your vision from your eyes and quickly grabbed your phone to text Chris again.

"get over here when you can. i think we should talk"