What If?

Sam knelt beside the bed in which Bucky and Marlena lay fast asleep in. He was stationed in front of Marlena, using his finger to poke at her face every once in a while to get her to wake up so he could scold her for not telling him about her and Bucky's supposed engagement. He had been listening by the door the morning before when he heard Bucky tell Marlena to marry him, as well as Marlena telling him that she would. He waited the entire day for them to tell someone about it, including him, but they never did, and now he was going to get to the bottom of why they hadn't.

Sam poked at her face again, becoming very impatient with the fact that she had yet to wake up. It was nearing one in the afternoon, which meant that the two should have been up already.

"Wake up, you asshat," Sam whispered, delivering a hard flick to her forehead.

A small smirk fell upon his face as he watched her face scrunch up and her eyes finally beginning to flutter open. Marlena furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, but the moment her hazel eyes fell upon Sam, she let out a startled scream, causing him to laugh and Bucky to wake up beside her. Marlena hadn't been expecting Sam to be in her room, let alone so close to her face.

"What the hell, man?" Bucky exclaimed groggily as he instinctively wrapped his arms tighter around Marlena.

Sam chuckled and stood up, crossing his arms over his chest. "It's about damn time you two lovebirds woke up."

Marlena made a face and sat up, removing Bucky's arms from around her. "What are you doing in my room?" she questioned him.

"I have a bone to pick with you two," Sam answered, glancing over at Bucky. "I also have some information to give you regarding the T'Challa situation."

"Then tell me," Bucky instructed him as he sat up.

"Maybe after you two tell me when the wedding is," Sam smirked.

Bucky and Marlena exchanged glances with one another before looking back at Sam. Marlena pursed her lips and ran a hand through her hair, unsure of how to answer him. The two of them didn't exactly want people to know about it yet; they wanted time for themselves to enjoy it before they told anyone. "What wedding, pal?"

Sam's mouth fell open in shock, mostly due to the fact that Marlena had blatantly lied to him about them being engaged. "You're shitting me, right? I was outside the door listening, you idiot. You were too busy saying yes to this bionic pain in my ass over here to pay attention to me. I waited the whole day for you to tell someone about it, but you didn't, and I'm so hurt because of it."

"Why were you outside my door in the first place?" Marlena asked him as she got off of her bed and headed over to her dresser. "And what time is it?"

"One o'clock," Sam answered.

Marlena cursed under her breath and began rummaging through her dresser, much to Bucky's and Sam's confusion.

"Why are you in such a hurry to dress yourself? I am trying to speak here," Sam remarked.

"I have to teach someth-forget it. Just speak while I dress myself," Marlena instructed him as she pulled a pair of black athletic shorts out of her drawer, along with a sports bra and a grey Nike athletic shirt. "Just turn around and do it."

"Gladly," Sam murmured before turning to face the other wall. "Well, you see, I was coming to tell Bucky the good news when I overheard him telling you to marry him. I decided to listen to see what your answer would be, and so I did, and then after getting what I wanted I ran away in hopes that you would come down and announce the wonderful news to everyone, but you didn't, and I should probably kill you for it."