Sixty Five

Manik:

These guys are crazy... Mere peeche ithni planning Kar liye and I am a dumb who's unaware of all these things. Cabir tujhe toh Mein chodhne waala nai hoon.

"Campaigning? When did you plan all this?" I asked after seein that post on Facebook.

"Wohh Sab Jaan ke aap Kya karenge Bhai? The thing is you agreed for it and ab baaki Sab hum pe chod dho.." Mukti replied.

"Mukti I said I'll accept music but I didn't say I am ready to perform. I need time yaar, it's been two years that I performed in something like a concert and Tu jaanthi haim it's not easy.. Bohoth practice karnee padegi and where will people come from? They started hating Fab5 because we just disappeared without letting them about the reason. Bohoth dhin baadh it came out that you were" i stopped abruptly knowing what I was about to say. No... Never in my life i am gonna say that again.

"That I was dead right" she finished my sentence in a casual tone.

"Shut up Mukti.. Do you even know what you just said means to me?? Aaj Bol dhiya lekin dhunaara kabhi math bolna" I almost yelled. I could imagine my eyes getting red with anger. How dare she says that.

"Manik relax" Nandini said putting her hand over my shoulder.

"Mein Kyu relax karoon Nandini? Aur Tum please hamaare beech Mein math bolna.." I yelled at her.

"Manik I was just" she tried to speak again

"Just what Nandini? See how unaffected she's about that. And yes I said you not to speak so please don't" I said.

She jerked in fear at my loud voice.

But at that moment, I was so angry that I got down the car and slammed the door. How could she say that? Doesn't she know how painful it was for me to go through all that?

I heard the door open, probably she was coming to apologize. I waited for a couple seconds but didn't find her. I turned back to see Nandini sitting in the back seat. Mukti came out and walked toward me.

"Bhai mera gussa uspe Kyu nikaalaa aapne" she asked me and that's when I realized the blunder i made.

"Mukti tujhe Patha nai hain how traumatic that incident was for me. Mein Kya karoon Ki tujhe samajh aaye what you meant to me" I said helplessly.

"Bhai aap ko kuch karne Ki zaroorath nai hain it was my fault I am sorry. I know what I mean to you.." She said. I could sense she was trying hard not to cry.

"Use kaise manaaenge Abhi" she asked signaling toward Nandini who was looking like a mini monster.

Manik Tu toh gaya Aaj. Without having any clue about how to convince my little monster I walked back to her. She was not ready to look at me.

"Sorry" I said holding my ears.

"Manik I think we are getting late. I need to do lots of packing so can we go already" she said with those sharp angry eyes. I just nodded in positive and walked to my seat. Mukti was beside me now.