Chapter 15: Experiments

***Here is the next chapter. Remember I do not own anyone from MCU. Anyway, Enjoy!!!"***

The lab was amazing. Scientific equipment that I had never seen before scattered all over the room. Experiments were everywhere while holographic computers were displaying all sorts of designs and operations in progress. 

"This is so cool," I breathe. I follow Bruce to where he was working. There was paper scattered everywhere along with beakers and vials filled with strange, coloured liquids.

"What are you doing?" I ask quietly, standing on my tiptoes to see better.

" I'm just...trying to find a cure for my....problem," he says, shuffling through the papers. I watch him with sadness in my eyes.

"W...Why try to find a cure f...for something that isn't a sickness?" I ask softly, turning so I was facing him. He stares at me, curiosity filling his warm eyes. Turning from his gaze, I look around the room. Suddenly he reaches over and pulls over a stool, gesturing for me to sit on it. I give him a small smile before I clamber up on to it.

"Why do you say that I don't need a cure?" He asks as he looks over the paper in his hands. I look around the room before answering him.

"Because I don't think that what you have is a sickness. You find a cure for sickness. The Hulk isn't a sickness," I answer gently.

"But he is unpredictable and can not be controlled at times," Bruce argues softly, placing the paper down and leaning on the bench with his head bowed. 

"E...Everyone can be unpredictable. People are scared of what they d...don't understand, but I am sure that people are still thankful for him. The Hulk is different however that doesn't mean he is a danger. At least that is what I believe," I say, looking at the bench.

"He harms other people though." 

"I know that he has, but I doubt he enjoys harming others. I know when a person wants to bring harm to someone and when they do not," I wince at the thought of my father fills my mind. " I know you don't like harming others, Mr Banner but the Hulk is an Avenger and the world will always have a need for him. Whether they know it or not." Turning to gaze up at him as I finish speaking, I see that his gaze was still fixed on me. He nods at me and looks back down at the bench. I could sense the turmoil and confusion that was filling his mind.

"Well, Alexis, how much do you know about chemical and biological science?" He asks, changing the subject.

I shrug. "I have read a bit about it but never done any experiments. I am only 13 years old so no one would let me handle any chemicals."

"You are only 13 years old?" Bruce asks as he opens a drawer underneath the bench.

"That is what I just said," I giggle, "Why's that?"

"Well, we were trying to figure out your age," Bruce pulls out a bottle with a mighnight blue liquid in it. He pours some into a measuring cylinder. He looks over at me and grins. "Watch this."

Edging closer, I watch as he pours it into a beaker which held a clear liquid. As soon as the blue hit the clear, the colour just disappeared. My eyes widen as my mouth drops open.

"That is so cool," I whispered, stunned.

He looks over at me after setting the cylinder down. "Would you like to try some experiments?" He asks with a grin.

"Can I?" I ask in complete shock.

"Of course. Just remember to listen to everything I say and you should be fine."

I bounce on my seat and nod vigorously.

"Then you are going to need to wear these." He walks over to a cupboard and reaches inside. He pulls out a pair of safety glasses and a white lab coat. Almost falling off the stool, I watch him walk back over.  Placing the glasses on the bench, he holds out the lab coat. I take it from him and slip into it. It trails on the floor and the sleeves completely engulf my hands. I giggle as I flap them around.

"I think its a bit big," I laugh.

"I'll fix it as soon as I find something to tie your hair up with," Bruce says as he looks around the room. Walking over to another bench, he holds up a rubber band. "Will this do?"

I nod and stand still as he kneels behind me and pulls my hair into a ponytail. I didn't like the fact that he was out of sight but, I believed that he wouldn't hurt me. 

"There. All done," he announces as he stands and steps back.

"Thank you," I smile as I turn around, holding out my arms so he could roll up my sleeves.

Once they were rolled up, he reaches over me. "One more thing and then you will look like a real scientist," he says. Pulling back, he passes me the glasses. I slip them on and smile up at him.

"Scientist Alexis is ready," I giggle, clambering back up on the stool.

"Well then let's get experimenting, Miss Scientist."

*******************************************************

Bruce and I played around in the lab for ages. I had so much fun, I lost track of time. We made so many interesting and strange things. He even let me blow some stuff up and set others on fire. We were just in the middle of discussing how fuel could be made more efficient when Tony came wandering in.

"Hey, Shortcake, what you doing in here?" He asks with a smile as he strolls over.

"Hi Tony," I grin.

"Hey Tony," Bruce greets, pulling off his glasses and tucking them into his shirt pocket.

"Well, look at you Shortcake. The science look works for you," Tony winks at me.

"Its a bit big though," I giggle as I raise up my arms to show him the sleeves. He chuckles at me.

"So, what are you two brilliant minds discussing at this hour of the night?" He asks coming to a stop next to me.

"Night?" I ask in shock. I hadn't realised that the time had passed so quickly.

"Yea, It's like 7:30 pm or something," He says, shrugging nonchalantly.

"Oh well, I was telling Alexis about how fuel could be made more efficiently," Bruce tells him.

"Ah yes, almost got the formula down, haven't we?" Tony grins, a bit smugly.

"Yea," Bruce points at me and hands Tony a piece of paper at the same, "Alexis here even made some suggestions, see."

Tony's brow furrows as he reads the piece of paper. His eyes flick to me.

"You made these suggestions?" Tony asks in disbelief.

"Amazing, right?" Bruce says.

"Brilliant," Ton smiles at me, "Looks like we have another genius on our hands."

I giggle softly and feel my face start to heat up.

"Sir," JARVIS interrupts.

"Yea, Buddy," Tony answers.

"Miss Potts would like me to inform you that dinner has arrived and is ready. Everyone is to meet in the lounge," He informs us.

"Alright, We'll be right up," Tony tells him.

I hop down from the stool and shrug off my lab coat. Bruce takes my glasses and coat and puts them back in the cupboard.

"Thank you for letting me hang out with you, Bruce," I say as he walks back towards Tony and me.

"Anytime," Bruce replies with a smile.

I turn my attention back to Tong who gestures to the door saying "Shall we?"

"We shall," I reply with a grin.

***Hey guys. hope you enjoyed the chapter. Bit a rushed kinda one. Sorry.***