Falling Fiend

All things unsatisfying and irksome descended on Kyungsoo faster than he could blink his eyes. The agenda of following after Baekhyun hadn't gone as planned. Being wretched away in attention by teachers was painful business to deal with, and there wasn't much to appreciate about the situation. As he spoke formally and respectfully to the supervisors, he had caught a certain tall individual move from his designated booth to put his used tray and utensils in the wash bin. No doubt in Kyungsoo's quick-moving mind that Chanyeol had the very same idea that he had prior to being pulled aside.

There was a burning in him that hated the frivolous and bold actions of the athlete, and he couldn't fully piece together his reasons as to why. On one hand, he knew he absolutely disliked the defiant manner of the giant, and on the other, Baekhyun's responses to him were bothersome to watch. With friendship and love deeply rooted in their history written in stone, Kyungsoo could see the crumbling walls of Baekhyun's fortified shelter, but what he couldn't stomach down to see was the brunet putting such half-assed effort in protecting himself.

Countless times Baekhyun had confided in him the details in Chanyeol's character that he found to be flawed, and yet, the isolationist would only put in half a foot of effort against Chanyeol's persistency. The entire scene back in the woods had thrown Kyungsoo off his guard, and when he saw the expression on Baekhyun's red, flushed face, Kyungsoo felt as though he had caught the latter in his raw state; the state that was being stripped of every control, every modesty by the charming basketball player whose smiles were enough to pull Baekhyun's gaze away from his LED devices.

After he was dismissed by his superiors, Kyungsoo was quick to maneuver his way out of the crowded dining hall, but fate was not benevolent enough in his favor to spare him the distasteful encounter with the troublesome soccer captain who crossed his path on his way to the door. Eye contact was forged, but offense on Kyungsoo's part immediately blundered down as Jongin rolled his eyes at the president's sight and continued on his way.

Hands were tight in a grip and a murderous look was given to the back of Jongin's head before Kyungsoo simmered down with the reminder that he was in public. With dark intents shoved on the back burner for later plans against the captain, Kyungsoo hurried out, well aware that the likeliness of stumbling on another disgusting scene put on by Park Chanyeol on his best friend was more than that of lightning striking him dead.

The gut feeling the president had that consumed him on his search for the lonesome individual proved to be on point when he stood on top of a high slope, looking down at his brunet and the loud basketball player walking together—indiscreetly laughing—back in the direction Kyungsoo stood in.

His knuckles turned white and his breathing became suffocated until his lungs revolted at his actions. Gasping for air, Kyungsoo unclenched his fists and turned to march back to the dining hall. As he made his way up the wooden stairs to reach the elevated cafeteria, he was oblivious to the eyes that watched him through the icy window.

-

-

"So, that's why you have a job at that store."

Chanyeol chuckled and Baekhyun could only snort at him. The hood of the giant's jacket fit around his face, giving him an appearance that Baekhyun couldn't take. He looked ridiculous.

"Yeah," Chanyeol confirmed, stretching his arms up in the air and yawning. "I accidentally broke some of my mom's plates and I need to replace them all. Plus, you know, playing a sport is kind of expensive. There's...ah, there's a lot of money that has to go into things like transportation and all that."

"I don't understand why you feel the need to play a sport if it's too bothersome to even play in the first place with all these fees."

Shrugging, Chanyeol tilted his head in Baekhyun's direction. "If you love something, then it should be worth it, right?"