VIII

-----
VIII
-----

Taehyung was running. He wasn't sure why he was running, but he knew he was afraid. There was darkness all around him except for the dim concrete pavement in front of him that was lit up in the dark by a light blazing further ahead. Aimlessly he ran straight, closer towards the light. Further away from the darkness behind him.

His chest began to tighten as he began to slow down, but he kept pushing himself to continue running even though his throat was dry and painful by now.

He soon collapsed onto the pavement after tripping over something. He thought it was game over until he realised it hadn't ended yet. His head began to throb as he looked up and faced the crackling sound further up. He looked to see a traditional two story house he once knew lit up in flames. The orange flames reached for the darkness, growing higher and higher with each second.

Terrified, he turned around abruptly to run away from the fire. However, he was met with a solid object in front of him that he had bumped into and heard a glass bottle smash against the ground.

He looked to see his mother standing there, drunk as he'd ever seen her. Lying at their feet was a smashed whiskey bottle spread out along the pavement.

"Tae~" She sang. Taehyung stared at her in horror as she came closer to him. He walked backwards as she advanced until he tripped on something behind him. He felt the impact of the hard ground on his back. He sat up quickly to see what he had tripped on. He saw his mother advancing, but underneath him lay a bloodied corpse of a man, his body bathed in blood. Next to him were two smaller beings charred to a crisp.

Taehyung let out a scream at the sight and turned around, crawling on the pavement until he found himself steady on his feet. He then kept running away from the distant shouts of his mother calling.

Taehyung woke up with a sudden start, the daylight shining in through underneath the door. He had never been as glad as he was now to wake up in the room he was in. He tried to find his bearings and calm himself down. He continued to push the nightmare aside before climbing out of the bed and changing into his clothes, but remained careful of his injured leg.

Taehyung left his room and tried to focus on the recent event with the girl. He still felt uncomfortable and confused. He didn't understand why she had acted differently when she had left the house; especially her sudden change in personality.

He decided to push the thoughts aside for now, all of them, he couldn't afford to worry himself over trivial matters. What he really needed to do was clean. He had decided to clean because the dust was beginning to affect his sinuses and the house looked dirty and grimy overall. The blood splatter that he had seen the first night still haunts him. It was still there too.

He didn't understand why she never cleaned up. To him, girls were incredibly clean until it happened. Until his mother turned into a mess.

He brought himself out of his thoughts when he realised he needed cleaning supplies. If she could bleach my shirt and make it white again then she must have cleaning supplies, he thought to himself.