Chapter Eleven

Author's Note:

Kay, I'm uploading this chapter because my friend is driving me insane about it. It's a reasonably long one, too, so keep yourself going for a while, Rebekah.
Anyways, vote, comment, fan, share, etc... <3

xoxo,

Q.

I’ve called Emery eight times this weekend. Eight fucking times. That’s way past me being apologetic; that’s just straight up desperate. And sad. Really, really sad and pathetic.

What can I say? That’s me now, I guess.

I’ve tried calling Alana, but I keep getting her fucking voicemail. And it’s not like I can just go talk to Nate or Jess or anyone else about this. Alana was my only hope, because she had figured it out on her own, the smart little bitch.

Only now she wasn’t answering her phone.

Fuck you, Alana! The one time I actually need to talk to you instead of trading our favorite porn sites and you’re not picking up!

I pace around my room, talking to myself like a complete lunatic.

God, Luke, how the fuck could you have screwed up so bad?” I exclaim. “Why the fuck do you still go out and get drunk when you know you have no control over the shit that comes out of your mouth?”

“Um…Luke?”

I whip my head around to see Gabe standing in my doorway, staring at me. “You alright, bro?”

I sigh and sit down on the bed. “Yeah, I’m fine.”
“You don’t look fine.” He says. “You look insane.”

“Thanks, bro. Now get out.” I say and Gabe leaves with a snicker.

Then I rethink things.

“Wait! Gabe, come back!” I yell and after a second, Gabe reappears in my doorway.

“What?” he asks.

“I need Toby Wallace’s phone number.”

*

“Thanks for meeting me, Toby.” I say, sticking my hands in my pockets awkwardly.

“No problem.” He shrugs. “Weird place to meet, though.” He looks around at the abandoned playground.

I snort. “Yeah, but no one’s ever here, so…”

“Woah, dude, are you gonna rape me?”

Unwillingly, I laugh. “Fuck you, Toby.”

He laughs too and then we both go and sit down in old black swings. After what seems like a forever-long silence, Toby says, quietly, “So what do you need?”

“You were right.” I say, so quietly that I’m amazed even I can hear it coming out of my mouth.

Toby smiles at me. It’s not a happy smile. It’s an I’m-really-sorry-you-have-to-deal-with-this-shit smile.

“And I really, really screwed shit up this time, Toby.” I sigh.

Toby furrows his eyebrows at me. “What do you mean?”

I sigh once again. Sighing has become a very regular thing during my day recently.

“I got really drunk and I called him a fag.” I say in one quick breath. Toby’s eyes widen and I immediately feel the guilt pouring into my blood.

“Are you serious?” Toby gasps and I bury my face in my hands, miserably, scrunching up my eyes as I do so. “Oh my God, Luke.”

“I know, I know, I’m a complete dickwad.” I say, quickly.