Chapter 13

Rosie slept the days away, recovering from what happened the night of the troll attack. Severus visited her as often as he could, making sure she was taken care of properly. Madam Pomfry wasn't pleased, but allowed him to stay anyway until the day Rosie could leave.

As Rosie walked into the Great Hall, she saw streamers and supplies for celebration everywhere. The banners of the four houses were down and replaced with ribbons and balloons. She smiled and spun in the glittery pieces on the ground, causing them to swirl upwards.

"Miss Riddle, the students wouldn't like it if they found out you are already at your own party without them." Dumbledore entered the room.

Rosie looked in confusion and looked around more. 'This is my party?' she thought.

"I suggest you hurry on our before they come in for dinner. Then you can join us." Dumbledore shooed her out and went back to wandering the halls.

Rosie walked back to her room, seeing that her roommate wasn't here, she pulled out her wand.

"It worked?" she managed to croak out.

Smiling with joy, Rosie lightly tapped her throat in shock. Setting her wand down, she worked on using her voice again.

"My name is Rosie Riddle." she started. "Severus Snape is my roommate. Dumbledore is older than me. I am not Tom Riddle's biological twin. I was adopted." She smiled as her voice cleared, returning to its former state. She was so concentrated on her voice, she never noticed Severus entering the room.

She finished with her voice and grabbed her wand quickly, smiling happily. "Let's try you again... Avis." she whispered and watched in awe as little birds floated out of her wand and out the window.

Severus finally decided to make his presence known with a forced cough. Rosie whipped her head around and looked at him. She pointed her wand at him quickly, smirking.

"Reducio." she spoke loudly.

"Protego." Severus had his wand out in a split second, flicking the spell back at her.

Rosie winced slightly as she got hit and glared as she shrunk. She was the size of a mouse by the time she stopped shrinking. Severus smirked slightly.

"Dinner is in an hour, you best start you walk." he spoke as he struted out the door.

"Severus!" she shouted, her voice not even making it to the door.

Growling, she climbed her way down off her bed using the sheets. Rosie began running to the door and slipped through a crack at the base of it. She looked up at the flight of stares infront of her, frowning.

"Stupid Severus. When I get big again, I'm going to steal his wand and shrink him in his sleep." Rosie muttered, climbing the 5th stair of 10.

By the time she made it to the Great Hall, all the students were already there. The doors were too big and heavy for her to move, so she slipped through another crack. She was suddenly picked up by someone and she looked. Severus was there, holding her in the palm of his hand.

"You better make me big again!" She shouted up at him.

"Why don't you just do it yourself?" he walked down the middle row between the tables.

"I don't know the spell! It's been years since I've done magic." she huffed and sat down.

Severus rolled his eyes and set her on the teachers table before pulling out his wand and aiming at her. "Engorgio."

Rosie grew quickly to her normal size and smiled. "Thank you, Severus."

The whole staff and some of the students gasped, hearing her speak.

"Hello again, Rosie." Dumbledored smiled with that knowing look in his eyes.

"Hello again, sir." She got off the table and sat in her seat beside Severus.