I Want To Make You Smile || Reader x Crush

➳ Key: C/E/C (Crush's Eye Color), E/N (Enemy Name)

➳ In this story your crush is taller than you I'm sorrY

➳ Actual experience <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You got out of the school gates, following C/N to their car. Their parents drove you to their house pretty often when you had nothing going on after school. You could sense something was wrong with C/N, even your best friend, F/N, noticed during lunch. They always just said, that they were 'tired'. You never believed them.

You looked up at them. You could see their C/E/C eyes having a bland sense to them. They always sparkles, they were always happy. You had a concerned look on your face. They looked back at you, more like down at you, and their expression had a bit of pain to it. It hurt you to see them like this, especially during school. You tried to lighten the mood.

"So...E/N got all salty during last period..." You managed to squeaked out. They snorted and said, "How come?" Their tone of voice was like music to you. It made you feel...calm. "T-They got salty because I rekt them during dodgeball!" You said proudly, hope glimmering in your eyes. They looked down at you, ruffling your hair. You could tell their mouth itched for a smile, but they kept a solemn poker face. "I also caught the teachers ball and E/N's ball!" You said proudly with a large smile, pounding your fist into the air. They let out a laugh. "Good." You guess they had nothing else to say.

You always tried to get them proud of you. It was on your bucket list, actually. "A-are you proud of me?" You said stuttering, obviously you were tense to see their answer. After a few seconds, they nodded. "Yep...but not that much." You let out a cheer, and then an 'aww', you had failed. Oh well, a little bit counts too!

Their car pulled up into the pick-up lane and you both got in. Their sibling followed in after them. It was like a clown car! You all left. As usual, their dad popped the usual question, "How was school?" You always heard the regular answers. They ranged from and 'Ehhh', to a "Mehhh'.

After driving for about a few minutes in silence, you looked over at C/N, them playing their F/G on their device. They were ticklish, and you knew that for a fact. You poked their side.

They didn't move.

You kept poking, obviously, they had puffed their chest out. Darn. You started poking them anywhere. "Can you give me a smile?" You said, pleadingly. They looked at you. They shook their head. You forced a fake-smile onto their face. "Godangit C/N, SMILE!" You tried. You kept on trying. One of their favorite things to do was poke you in the sides too. "Let's make an agreement, i'll let you poke me in the side, and in return, i'll get a smile from you." You both argued for a few minutes as you held your hands up. They poked you in the side out of nowhere, and you let out a giggle, as your face turned red.

"N-now hold up your end of the bargain, C/N." You faced them, waiting. They shook their head. "Nope." You could tell they were holding back a smile. Your face turned into a angry face. "Hold up your end of the bargain!" You whisper-yelled, being like one of those mad chibis. They shook their head no and let out a chuckle.

You two argued until you got to your place. You were in the middle, so C/N got out of the car. "Smile? Before I go? I want to make you smile." You pleaded as you got out, saying goodbye to the parent. They gave a genuine smile.

You gave a huge smile, wanting to hug them. Your face had a hint of pink. You waved goodbye as they chuckled and got back in and left.

I made you smile, dork.

----------------------------------------------------

➳ This one didn't take much editing. Thank lord.

➳ I really enjoyed writing this one. I hope you guys found this one cute.

➳ If you've made it this far, write in the comments, 'this made me smile' and I'll give you a shoutout.

➳ Thank you for reading!

- Reni