Chapter Seventeen | Run This Town

___________

Life's a game but it's not fair

I break the rules so I don't care

So I keep doin' my own thing

Walkin' tall against the rain - Jay Z ft Rihanna.
__________
Weeks later ... (Time will pass rather quickly, yeah I know, bummer.)
__________

Dolani

"Good morning and welcome back to all of our very own seniors, juniors, sophomores, and a really big welcome to our new freshmen that are just coming into high school. I hope you all have enjoyed your summers, but now it's time to shift gears and get back into school mode." Our principal announced over the loud intercom system as we all sat in our first period classes. I sighed and rolled my eyes in annoyance at what she was saying, soon tuning her out completely. Whatever she had to say wasn't what I wanted to hear, so I wouldn't.

Today was our very first day back to school and I was ready for it to be the very last. It was the beginning of our senior year and I wasn't even the slightest bit excited about it, as I should have been. School use to be my cup of tea, but now I sip lean. No seriously, it just isn't like it use to be and I can't wait until I'm done and free of the hassle. Maybe it's because I was going into this school shit all alone. It's not that I had too, but I wanted too. After Renae's betrayal, I just said the friend shit was for the birds, family was all that I needed, but even them will betray you.

Even though I wasn't up for being at school, it was still our first day back in session, so I had to look up to par. I was dressed in olive green skinny jeans, an olive colored chiffon top, black heels and a black side purse. My hair was in a messy ball on the top of my head and diamond studs adorned my ear. Light makeup and a gold watch completed my outfit. I was simple, but still cut enough for school.

 I was simple, but still cut enough for school

"Dolani Johnson?" the teacher, Mrs.Dowel said as she called out for attendance. I'd been into my own train of thought, so I said present rather quickly, coming out with a bit of an attitude added as well. A scoff came from someone behind me, so I just had to look over my shoulder to seem whom it was.

"Excuse me?" I asked with attitude as I stared the Renae bitch down. She'd felt the need to make a small noise when I spoke up and I felt the need to address her. I owed her already for the old and she was about to add new. I was attempting to take the lady route out of this by letting it ride, but she was really pushing it. I wasn't much of a fighter, but I'd fight if need be. No, it wasn't even that I thought I could beat everyone, because I knew that I couldn't, but I damn sure would try my best too.