Friend or Foe?

Sunlight poured through the room.

The blazing light hit Conan's eyes and the poor boy was force to open them.

He sat up and yawned. Though the sun was pouring it's magnificent rays through the window, Conan felt cold and lonely. He quickly found the reason for his loneliness.

Haibara was gone.

Where could she be?, he thought as he got off from the bed, while scratching his head.

When he reached the kitchen he found her there, cooking.

"Good morning, love.", he said as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Good morning to you too."

"So what is my dear fiancé cooking?" Conan asked.

Haibara giggled when he called her his fiancé.

"Have the police found any clues?" she asked as she kept cooking.

"Nope, they're all in frozen in cold ice."

"No word from the kidnappers?"

"No."

"Who do you think could've kidnapped Ayumi?"

"Them. "

The strawberry-blonde immediately stopped cooking. Silence filled the room and the only noises you could hear were the wall clock ticking, the soup brewing, and the birds chirping a morning song that was promising a good day.

"But why would they kidnapped her?"Haibara asked in a hused tone, afraid that the BO may be listening in on their conversation.

"Not sure. I'm still thinking."

"Idiot. Isn't it obvious. They must be after us.... And they're using Ayumi as bait."

Conan could sense fear in her voice, so he quietly whispered in her ear, "Don't worry, Ai... I won't let them hurt you or Ayumi. I made that promise that I will protect you. I will also protect Ayumi, because she's our best friend and she's like a younger sister to you. And it's mostly my fault. If I had told her sooner about me and you dating, none of this would've happened... "

Baka. It's not your fault. Even if we told her.... She would've still gotten kidnap. We can't predict or change the future. We just need to let the future do it's job.......

~~~~~~~~~

"Ivypool wake up."

"Mew?"

The white and gray tabby female cat rose her head from her pillow and looked at her owner.

"We're here."

Ivypool turned her head to the car window and looked at the house.

~~~~~~~

"I'm gonna call Detective Takagi and tell him that the Organization may have kidnapped her, ok?"

"Hai. I'll just watch some T. V. while the soup is getting ready. "

Haibara sat on the couch and turned the television on.

Why would the Organization kidnap Ayumi?

Are they trying to lure me and Conan and out?

Do they want revenge?

Whatever the reason, I think I know a way to-