Chapter 4 || Year 1

Draco's POV-

50 points for cool logic? That is just pathetic. Stupid Dumbledore and his need to give the biggest losers in gryfindor house points, making us come second.

I could see Hermione in tears as people all around her were hugging and congratulating her, her cheeks the colour of a beetroot.

She looked over at me and smiled, but I returned it with a deadly glare. I saw her roll her eyes and return to talking with Potter, both of them hugging each other.

I could feel jealousy run through my veins as I watched the two.

"You okay Malfoy? You keep on staring at Granger." Goyle asked.

"I'm plotting my revenge." I lied.

Goyle just laughed and turned to Crabbe, grabbing a handful of potatoes whilst he was at it.

Soon, almost everyone cleared out of the great hall, including Crabbe and Goyle. I saw the trio leaving their seats, so I decided to follow them.

Once we were all out of the hall, I looked around for any teachers, but we were the only ones in the corridor. I walked in front of them, stopping them all in their tracks.

"50 points for cool logic? You've got to be kidding me." I sneered, looking at Hermione.

"Oh shut up Malfoy." Weasley said angrily.

"Like you can talk. 50 points for a stupid game of chess? I think our headmaster really has gone senile." I smirked.

"You see, unlike you, we actually care about our friends, and the both of us got points for doing exactly that. So please go away and wallow in your self pity somewhere else, because none of us want to hear it." Hermione challenged.

Weasley and Potter were snickering behind her at me, so I narrowed my eyes at all three of them.

"You better watch your mouth, all of you." I hissed.

"Is that really all you can come up with for a comeback? And you call us pathetic. Come on guys, he's just jealous because we're better than him." Hermione smirked, walking off, the two boys behind her.

"Stupid gryffindors." I muttered, walking off down to the dungeons, remembering when Hermione was still innocent, before she became friends with Potter and the Weasel, when we were still good friends.