♚50. EPIPHANY

"Flowers grow out of dark moments

"Flowers grow out of dark moments." —Corita Kent

J o r d y n T a me

A TALL BUILDING ignited with lights stood before me as I got out of the limousine.  

"Councilwoman Tarah is waiting for you in there. Let's go." Mason pushed and I followed him towards the entrance.

   We walked into the first floor which was completely empty. Reddish lights decorated the floor and an empty row of seats was beside us.

I watched as Councilwoman Tarah's peers from a gold tiled hall that connected the room to other parts of the building.

  Her anticipating eyes fall on me before they traveled down to my now bloody attire. She parts her mouth before she closes her lips in a line trying to keep her cool.

Her attention now on Mason and D she says, "What has happened to her! How could you both let this happen?..." She continues to chastise them heavily and eventually falling into a tangent.

"Councilwoman Tarah..." I interrupt. "We must talk alone."

   She turns back to look at me before giving me a subtle nod. She takes my hand not forgetting to scowl back at Danger and Mason. As we walk into the gold tiled hall we eventually approach and elevator nearby.

"What has happened?" She questions while we head up to the second floor. "Why are you covered in blood? Is it yours? The baby!"

She checks me for wounds and blinks in confusion when she can't find any.

"I'm fine," I reassure. "the blood is not mine..."

She gives me a daunting look. "Jordyn, what have you done?"

I look to the floor and an uncontrollable sob escapes me. "I—I had to! I had to!"

Her eyes flood with realization. "Oh, hon. Oh, hon. You didn't..."

   I nodded my head as soon as the door to the elevator opens. We walk out and she takes me into the first room on the second floor. She sits me down and looks at me with commiseration.

"Jordyn, tell me everything..."

"They're dead! Gladdis and Brockman are dead."

Councilwoman Tarah takes in a breath before putting her hand over her mouth and pacing back and forth.

"Nurse Revira was right. It was a trap. They wanted this." I reveal touching the necklace around my neck. "The stone of life."