Chapter Four: The Hail Mary

I led Cassidy into town through the back roads. Avoiding as many people as possible. I couldn't be too careful when in came to this shit and I wasn't ready to be tortured by demons again or see Cassidy die. Especially because it would be all my fault. I could not live if I let her die. She tightly held my one hand and in the other she firmly gripped a can of salt.

"First things first. We need to get to an ATM. You said that you are able to by pass the system right?"

Cassidy nodded," Yeah, I can." We carefully went down alleys and made our way towards a bank. We stopped at the first one we came to. Cassidy instantly went to work on getting the money. I, on the other hand, kept my senses sharp for the smell of sulfur and any pair of black eyes. Time felt like it was caving in on me and I jumped when Cassidy shook my arm.

"I've got it. Lets get out of here!" She hissed. I nodded and we made our way as quickly as possible to the nearest thrift store. Once inside we dashed for the back of the store to the women and girls section.

"What do I grab?!" asked Cassidy

"A good pair of boots, a loose but still fitting undershirt, a button up to go over that which for me is usually plaid or plain, and good pair of jeans, and a sturdy jacket. Quickly, Cassidy go find it and lets get the hell out of here!" I hissed back finding my own clothes. I found an old brown pair of combat boots, a pair of jeans, a black t-shirt, a grey long-sleeved over shirt, and I even found a sturdy brown leather jacket. Cassidy came back holding a black pair of boots, a pair of jeans, a midnight blue shirt, a blue and green plaid over-shirt, and a black winter jacket. "Lets go." I brought our clothes to the front, paid and we were gone.

"Cassidy in here!" I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards a near by gas station."Stand guard." I ordered. We ran around the back of the building to where the employees parked.

"Oh my god are you stealing the car?!" Cassidy asked wide-eyed.

"Yes Cas. I am stealing the car! Now be quiet!" I turned to the nearest one. It was a tan '89 mustang. The window on the drivers side was loose. "Shit.." I murmured to myself. Briefly I looked to the sky, "God help me." I prayed. I raised my elbow, getting ready to break the glass when I just happened to look down. The keys! "Thank you!" I mouthed. Grabbing them I unlocked the car and the passenger seat. "Cas get in!" Just as I started the car a woman, about 35, came outside.

"That's my car!" She screamed, then she stopped dead. A horrible blood chilling smile covered her face, and then her eyes turned black. "Winchester." she hissed.

Cassidy screamed and I hit the gas and we tore out of there. As we sped down the streets more and more eyes changed over. They were everywhere! Cas was hysterical. "OH MY GOD ARE THOSE DEMONS! OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD!" She kept repeating.

"Cassidy! Where are the shops?!" I demanded, we still needed the stuff to get home!

"There is only one!"

"Cass!" 

 She grabbed her map, still freaking out and said, "Turn left here! Now right! Turn right again! Stop!" I slammed the brakes in front of a shady looking shop with a palm painted in the window.

"Are you sure?" I question. There was no time to spare and we were cutting it way to close. Cassidy nodded and we bounded up the steps pushing open the front door.The bell over the door rang. I looked behind us, but the streets were empty.

"Hello?" came a voice from deep within the shadows of the shop.

"Hello?" Cassidy asked back. My nerves were shot and my head was like a bomb had exploded inside it. A lady with greying hair and a round face with ice blue eyes stepped out from a curtain of beads.