Chapter 13 || Year 2

Draco's POV-

She was safe, she was back to normal, and that's all that mattered.

The mandrakes were finally ready, and all those who had been petrified, were fine and walking around once again.

I was walking alone to my next class in an almost-deserted hallway, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a mass of frizzy brown hair, and lunged at the person immediately, wrapping my arms around their small body.

"Hermione." I breathed, closing my eyes for a second, then pulling back to look at her.

"Hey." She grinned.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Very good actually." She beamed.

"I'm just so glad that your unpetrified. I would never be able to forgive myself if you were still petrified. It's all my fault you got petrified in the first place. If I had just plucked up the courage to give you that sheet earlier, none of this would have happened, and you could have kept safe, and-"

"Shh, stop talking," Hermione smiled, placing a soft finger on my lips, "I don't blame anything on you. It was thanks to you that Harry and Ron knew what to do in order to save us all."

"Y-you don't blame me?" I questioned, shocked.

Hermione shook her head with a smile on her face, then let out a small chuckle, "I could never blame it on you."

I grinned and threw my arms around her again, my smile becoming even wider as she put her own arms around me.

"Thank you." I whispered in her ear.

We hugged each other for a good whole minute, doing nothing but enjoying each other's embraces.

"We better get to class." She stated, pulling out of the hug.

"Yeah, we do." I agreed, grabbing ahold of her hand as we began walking, feeling two racing pulses as she interlocked her fingers with mine.