Chapter 3

"Hello brother."

"The crow is a bit much, don't you think?" I question, slightly annoyed, as it squawks on my balcony.

"Wait till you see what I can do with the fog." Damon smirks, ruffling through papers on my desk.

"When did you get here?" I ask, not wanting to play his games.

"Well, I couldn't miss your first day at school." Damon jokes, walking over to the bookcase. "Your hair is different. I like it." he comments, turning around, a small smirk still etched on his face.

"It's been 15 years Damon." I grit out, wishing it could be longer.

"Thank God." Damon rolls his eyes, "I couldn't take another day of the nineties. That horrible grudge look, it did not suit you." 

"Why are you here?" I say louder as he walks back to the balcony.

"I miss my little brother." he pouts.

"You hate small towns, it's boring. There is nothing for you to do." 

"I've managed to keep myself busy." he replies.

"You know you left that girl alive tonight. That's very clumsy of you."

"Ahh." he says turning back around and leaning on the desk. "That could be a problem..for you." 

"Why are you here now?" I demand, hating how he plays his little games with me all the time.

"I could ask you the same question however I'm pretty certain your answer could be summed up in three little words....the Gilbert sisters." he says. 

I glare at him, causing him to smirk even wider.

Arianna's POV:

We stand there and watch as Vicki's body is loaded up into the ambulance. Elena has her arm around me and I am just standing there like a zombie. How could this happen? I feel so bad for Matt. He tries so hard to take care of her all the time, even though she doesn't make it easy for him.

"Hey, Care and I are going to go get coffee and wait for news." Bonnie says, walking up to us.

"We have to take Jeremy home." Elena says, glancing over at our little brother.

"Elena, there is no way I'm physic, I know that. But whatever I saw, or think I saw, I have this feeling." Bonnie states, a weird look on her face.

I shake my head. "Bonnie, what?" 

"That it's just the beginning."

Stefan's POV:

"They took my breath away, Elena and Arianna. They're both a dead ringer of Katherine, especially Arianna." he gives me a knowing look. "Is it working Stefan? Being around them, being in their world. Does it make you feel alive?"

"Elena is not Katherine." I say. 

He arches his eyebrow, amusement flashing over his face. "What about Arianna? Huh?" 

I don't answer, Arianna is more like Katherine then I would like to admit.

"Well, let's hope not. We both know how that ended." Damon is right in front of me now. "Tell me something. When is the last time you had something stronger than a squirrel?" 

"I know what you're doing Damon. It's not going to work." I snap, turning around. As I'm turning around he hits my arm, hard, causing me to face him once again.

"Come on, don't you crave a little?" he taunts, that grin on his face.

"Damon, stop." I command.