Chapter 2

"Where are we going exactly?" Harry asked Ron as they trekked along a grassy and muddy paddock.

After being woken up extremely early, the Weasley's, Harry and Hermione bustled around the Burrow all morning to get their things ready for the Quidditch World Cup, which Harry was thankful for as the nightmare he had that night slipped out of his mind in all the excitement he felt.

"Don't know. Hey dad! Where are we going?" Ron called, his voice echoing through the empty terrain.

"Haven't the foggiest, keep up!" Mr Weasley said loudly back. Harry and Ron shared a look before struggling on.

The Weasley's, Hermione and Harry carried on in silence for a bit. Harry liked it. Having most of his friends surrounding him in a beautiful, nature dominated scene really helped keep him at ease.

Soon the serenity was broken by a loud, bellowing but welcoming voice. "Arthur! It's about time son."

"Sorry Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start." Arthur eyed Ron. "This is Amos Diggory everyone, he works with me at the Ministry. And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right?"

"Yes sir." Came the reply of a tall muscular boy with tousled brown hair, a strong jaw and kind smile.

"Merlin's beard, you must be Harry Potter." Amos exclaimed, his eyes widening in disbelief and excitement.

Harry shuffled a bit, uncomfortable, but smiled politely.

"Yes sir." Harry nodded as Amos' eyes trailed to the famous lightning bolt scar on Harry's forehead. Though Amos had a hard time getting a clear view of it as the subtle bitter wind kept blowing wisps of Harry's raven hair in the way.

"Great, great pleasure." Harry and Amos shook hands.

"Pleasure to meet you too, sir." Harry smiled.

They all continued their hike with the two new guests tagging along aswell.

"That's it sir, just over there." Arthur said, pointing at the top of a small hill.

"Shall we? We don't want to be late."

Harry, Ron, Fred and George were the last to trudge up the small hill, tiredness still evident in their eyes.

"Why are they all standing around that manky old boot?" Harry asked after noticing everyone was standing around an abandoned and moldy brown boot.

"That isn't just any old manky boot, mate." Fred said in amusement.

"It's a portkey." George explained before joining the rest of the group, Fred following in his wake. Ron shrugged at Harry before walking off as well and all Harry could do was follow, confused.

Everyone had their hands on the boot, some even lying on their stomachs to make sure everyone could fit in. Harry was the only one not holding on as he was watching in mild amusement and still as befuddled as ever.

"Time to go. Ready?"

"What's a 'portkey'?" Harry asked.

"After 3: One... Two..."

"Harry!" Arthur urged, seeing as the boy had yet to grab the boot.

Harry rushed over and grabbed the boot with a gasping breath.

"Three!"

A blinding bright light of white temporarily blinded Harry's vision but once his eyes adjusted, he noticed the world spinning around him and that everyone had left the ground. They were flying through the air.