#4, My Stomach Becomes A Butterfly Garden

"Stupid alarm clock!" I woke up mumbling throwing the torture device on the floor and fell back on my bed.

Is it just me or the bed seems more comfy and warm in the morning? Oh how much I love my bed! If I can, I will marry it right now! 

Okay no.

I dragged myself to the bathroom and did my business. I turned the shower on and stood there letting the warm water fall on my skin relaxing my muscles. I washed myself with my lemon scented shampoo and turned the faucet off.

I changed into my faded ripped jeans and a white crop top with a peace symbol on it and did my hair into a high pony tail, I just applied chapstick leaving my face makeup free. I don't see the need to cover my face with fakeness, I mean its only school right? 

I looked at the clock and saw it was only 6:45 a.m. and school didn't start till 7:15,  so I decided to walk. I breathed in the fresh morning air and made my way to school.

 Green Willows High, I snorted at the name and walked into the gates of hell.

School was quite close to my house just three blocks down, therefore I still had time.

There were only a few people at this time, standing in their groups chatting, some coming early to complete their work. Procrastinators.

I went to my boring ugly locker and yanked it open. The lockers here were a dull blue and weren't painted in years, I looked at the pictures of Cassie ,Caleb and me which I pasted. One was of the beach one was from our annual day, ice skating and many more. A smile made it's way on my face as I took it in.

"Mae!" Cassie tackled me in a tight hug.

"You'll kill her Cassie." Caleb teased from behind and she gave him a death glare at which he shook his head.

 "Are you alright today Mae?" He asked concerned.

"Peachy."  I smiled making him chuckle and drape his arm around my shoulder as we started making our way towards the class.

 I saw Ryan standing by his locker whispering something in Stephanie's ear making her giggle while his friends were next to him talking.

He caught me looking at him and smirked making me blush in embarrassment at being caught staring but I quickly covered it with an eye roll. Stephanie was babbling about something but he paid no attention to her as he continued to look at me. I cocked an eyebrow at him and he grinned mouthing cute.

"Who are you looking at?" Cassie looked at me inquisitively. I froze for a second, they don't know about my encounter with Ryan.

 "N-nothing j-just the lockers." I stuttered pathetically. Lockers? How stupid!

 I mentally face palmed.

"Lockers?" They frowned. 

"Y-yes the lockers," I looked at them wide eyed nodding my head trying to make myself look serious.

 "Look at them!" I said dramatically pointing my hand towards them.

" There are sooo many! 

So clean!

 So dull!

 So interesting! 

I can stare at them all day!!" I rambled.

"They are so nice, don't you think?! And oh, is that a stain? Wow nice stain!"

  Wow that is the dumbest thing ever said. Nice going Mae, very nice.