Chapter 11: Hurt

Her Amber eyes fluttered open, she stared at the ceiling for a long moment unsure of where she was. The room was a bright white, she wanted to curse but her voice wouldn't come out. Her hand shakily reached up to touch her throat, to find out what the painful sensation that lead her unable to speak was. She felt warm liquid smeared onto her fingers, she brought it to her face to examine it. Blood. Crimson red blood coated her fingers, her own blood. A man walked into the room, he was tall, had a surgery apron and mask over his face. Circle glasses were over his eyes and blue rubber gloves on his hands, she didn't dare speak.
'Well now that your pesky voice is out of the way, you can get married easily' the man had the same voice as the demon in her head did, she watched him carefully. Married? Verna had a feeling this wasn't her own memories she was experiencing. Someone else had had their vocal cords clipped and sent off into a marriage, but who?
The man proceeded to walk closer, he didn't bother to sterilize her wound.
'My beautiful Emma' Verna paused at hearing that name, Emma? It sounded familiar to her but she couldn't put her finger on who it was.
Her throat burned as if he had pressed a burning match onto her skin and refused to move it. She could smell her own blood, it made her stomach churn. Her limbs felt heavy as he stood next to her bed, Verna kept a straight look on her face. She didn't feel scared, this wasn't her own memory; Verna was living in someone else's personal hell.
'Why don't I seal the wound with with fire? It'll be sterilized and sealed at the same time! Goodie!' Verna scowled at him, her throat already felt like it was burning and he wanted to put more fire on it?  Verna's arm shot up and gripped the back of the mans neck, she swiftly pulled the man to her and dug her teeth into his throat. The metallic taste of blood filled her mouth as she bit down harder and ripped off the skin on his throat. He didn't scream, instead he let out a deep throaty chuckle and turned himself to look at her. Their noses touched as he had a wicked grin on his face.
'It seems my bride to be has spunk, I like that' he growled and slammed his mask onto her lips, Verna finally felt feat. Even with his lips covered by the surgical mask burned her, she screamed, voice muffled by his lips onto hers.
Blink.
Verna clutched her chest letting out a shrill scream, she wanted to burn her lips off. Cut them off, boil her tongue, anything to get the feeling of that vile man from her mouth.
"Verna!" Echo pushed her back onto the bed, she held down the flailing woman easily. A sob ripped from Verna's lips as she gasped in breath, Dreamers large frame loomed over her own. He looked worried, as if he was fearful of hurting her.
Her arm moved without her consent, she grabbed the back of his next and pulled his face down to hers. Verna pressed her lips to his, she was desperate Verna needed something to get the taste from her mouth. Dreamer responded instantly, he let out a low growl deepening the kiss. She felt sparks on her body, as his tongue swept against hers. She couldn't stop the soft moan that escaped her lips, her mind spun she wanted more. He broke the kiss making her realize that more people had entered the room.
"Water?" Her voice was small, her lips dry. Echo handed her a cup of water helping her sit up, she held the cup to her lips chugging it down. She felt much better after kissing him.
"What happened?" Suzuko chirped from her bed side, she climbed into the bed and sat in Verna's lap with a concerned look.
"It was just a nightmare" Verna smiled, touching the young girls hair.
"What happened in it" Suzuko frowned head cocked to the side in curiosity. Verna wondered if she should tell her the truth, to tell Suzuko what she sees in her mind. She wondered if Suzuko would believe her Alice in wonderland mind, she watched Suzuko carefully deciding that it was time for someone to understand her mind.