Chapter 12

We had planned to meet at the Cave-in at seven that night. The Cave-in happened to be one of the best pubs in the whole of New York City. The place was huge with two floors, each floor having its own bar and a dance floor. People said one night at the Cave-in makes you want to stay there for ever. Bright spotlights roamed every inch of the hall, making you feel important just by the touch of it. The Cave-in had the best DJ's come in and every week there was a new guy playing the songs. If you got lucky, you could sometimes see celebrities hanging out here with their fake wigs and make up.  

I wore a sleeveless white silk top that loosely stuck to my body, accentuating the curves and leather black pants. Wearing leather pants is a risk but tonight was all about risks. The golden heels with multiple straps that I wore made me feel on the top of the world. My straightened hair sat perfectly on my shoulders. A thin gold chain and thick gold bracelet, with some nude make up and dark mascara is all that I did. 

By the time I reached, the place was already crowded. Once inside, I texted Kyle asking him about his whereabouts. He messaged back, telling me to come over at the bar. This is it, this is where I had to make my date a success and prove to Alex and Stacey that I could handle myself. Breathing in and out for a few more second, I walked toward Kyle. He sat on one of the stools nodding his head to the music. The minute he saw me coming, he walked over and gave me a hug. I hugged back and followed him back to his original place where there was another empty seat.

Kyle had worn white T-shirt with a black jacket and black jeans. The jacket didn't do much to cover his bulging muscles and he looked handsome. He had brown eyes that were warm and friendly.  

"Hey", he said checking me out openly. 

I blushed and replied hi back.  

"So finally we meet. A friendly get to- together slash date." Kyle said smiling. 

"I wouldn't mind calling it a date now." I replied laughing and Kyle joined in. I don't know what happened to me right then. May be the need for the date to be a success gave me the much needed extra courage. 

We ordered our drinks. Once the vodka took its place in the pit of my stomach, I felt even more confident.  

"You look pretty as always Vallerie." Kyle said smiling. His smile looked sincere and I couldn't help but smile back. 

"Thanks and you're handsome." I said taking another sip. We talked about two minutes about our professions and since we were already friends in facebook there wasn't much need for discussing about our likes and dislikes.  

"You know I wouldn't mind using some pick-up lines on you now." Kyle said taking the whole drink in. 

"HaHa... and what might they be?" I asked giggling. 

"Did it hurt?" Kyle said. 

"Too old one Kyle, try another." I said ordering a beer. I didn't want to turn up so drunk where I would puke myself.  

"Okay here is another one; I feel like Richard Gere, I am standing next to a pretty women." Kyle said. 

"Hey, that's sweet, but too filmy." I said laughing and blushing at the same time. 

"Oh, how about this one, Do you know what my shirt is made of? boyfriend material" He said pointing at his shirt. I stared at him for a while and laughed. Kyle blinked twice at my reaction but later joined in. 

"So you didn't like that, how about this one. Bond, James Bond."  

"Is that even a pick up line?" I asked giggling. 

"Yea, may be if I had worn a coat and suit instead." Kyle said laughing. 

"Ha- Ha... Come on, lets dance." I said and pulled Kyle on the dance floor. We danced for another fifteen minutes. I felt at ease, the music made me want to go on and on but Kyle pulled me out saying we needed to drink. I agreed as my legs started to pain and my mouth was dry.