Epilogue

3 years later

I always loved tour, it was one of my favorite parts of music. And I loved the sound checks, and getting to answer questions. I had been answering some pretty normal questions, when I called on a girl with brown hair, who looked about 18 or so.

Girl: I didn't know you were engaged!
Lindsey: Uh...I'm not.
Girl: Oh, I'm sorry. I just thought the ring on your finger looked like an engagement ring. I'm sorry.
Lindsey: No, don't be. It is an engagement ring. Me and my boyfriend we're going to get married but it didn't work out. He proposed the day that he passed away.
Girl: Oh, I'm so sorry. I feel like such a jerk now.
Lindsey: Don't, it's okay.
Girl: Well, I'm sure he was a great guy.
Lindsey: He was. He was the best guy I had ever met. That's why I still wear the ring.

After the show

I walked into my dressing room. It was such a good show tonight, and the crowd was killing it! But, the girl at the soundcheck still stuck in my mind. I looked down at the beautiful ring, and felt a tear roll down my cheek.

Lindsey: Gosh, Mark, we could've had so much.

I spoke to myself as I leaned against the back of the chair I sat on, and closed my eyes. Then I felt something warm touch my hand, as another touched my cheek, wiping the year away.

Mark: Don't be sad. I'm still here.

I opened my eyes, and saw him there, smiling at me.

Lindsey: We could've been happy...
Mark: You can still be happy, and I'm happy watching you chase that happiness.
Lindsey: I can't do it alone.

He smiled at me, wiping away another tear.

Mark: You don't have to. You have your family and friends, and I'll always be here.
Lindsey: But you're not...
Mark: Maybe, but I know where I always will be.

He pointed towards my heart, and I smiled at him.

Lindsey: I love you, so much.
Mark: I love you too.

Then we leaned in, our lips only centimeters apart, and I closed my eyes. But then, just before our lips met, the warm feeling faded away. I opened my eyes, and he was gone. I just leaned back again, looking up, before looking back at the ring.

Lindsey: I promise Mark. I promise I'll be happy.

A small smile found it's way onto my face as I saw the ring twinkle.

I'll always be there for you. Always.

A/N: And...there you go. The sad conclusion to this long ass story. I hope you guys have enjoyed reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it for you guys. And I am going to continue writing about Mark and Lindsey as they are getting their very own one shot book. The first part of that will be out as soon as this is, so can go enjoy that. And my original plan has changed a bit. I was going to have a whole different story to post when this was done, but (for like the 5th time now) I wasn't happy with it and ended up scrapping it. So, for now, I'm going to give long stories a rest, but I will be updating both one shot books a lot more regularly. Then I'll return to linger books in a bit. So yeah, that's the plan. So go check that out, and thank you guys for sticking with me. It means a lot.
And...
...until next time... :)