Chapter 13

A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dedication: To the great and wonderful happy-unbirthday, for being a new follower and voting on my chapters! Thank you so much for the support! xoxoxo

Dylan

I bolted the second I heard those words. Dressing in record time, I hopped in my car and sped. Then, I realize I don't know where I'm going.

"Jake, where the hell am I going?" I sped through a yellow light, nearly crashing into the the curb.

"The Metropolitan, where you fought Black Hawk last week."

"Why would the villains go back there? Never mind." I hang up and tossed my phone onto the dashboard, gripping the wheel tightly with both hands.

I drove as fast as I can to the Metropolitan. Once I reached it, I parked my car out of sight and switched on my comm once again.

"Jake, where are they?" I said, frantically looking around.

"If you would stop freaking out and let me tell you without interrupting me, maybe you would find them!" He yelled in aggravation.

"Ow, dude. Not in my ear. And I'm sorry."

"Thank you. They're in the section Black Hawk was last time. No one's up there instead of the three of them, but they've severely injured her.

Fury rushed through me at this. Sure, when we fight, she got hurt. But not as bad as this.

I teleported to the same sections where I fought her, only a week ago. It seemed like so much longer.

I spotted her, lying on the floor. Her eyes are closed and she's sprawled out.

I rushed in and dropped to her side. Looking at her, I can see she's still breathing, but she's knocked out.

"How sweet." 1 snickered, her voice dripping with fake sweetness.

"What did you do to her?" My voice trembled with ferocity as I stood up.

She waved a hand dismissively. "Nothing too bad. She's just knocked out. All we had to do was get you here."

2 zipped in behind her and headed straight for me. Instead of using a more draining power to get rid of him, I turned invisible and dodged his blows.

He looked around in confusion, and I took the opportunity to send an energy blast his way.

He's knocked back by the force of the blast.

1 shrieked in annoyance. "Useless fool! If I wanted you to act like an idiot, I would have hired Donald Trump!"

"Why did you want me here?" I circled the room, keeping one eye on her and my body between 1 and Black Hawk.

"You really don't get it, do you? You have a liability now. See, you never had a weakness. No one knew how you were behind the mask, and no one could figure it out. You two were exceptional at hiding your identities."

She moved like in an oddly cat-like manner, incredibly light on her feet. "But, by teaming up with one another, you have made each your weaknesses."

I scoffed. "I don't know what you're talking about. Black Hawk would never see me as a weakness. She barely likes me. Actually, she doesn't like me. She hates me."

1 laughed. "You're so naive sometimes it's funny to watch. You don't get it, do you. You know you're attached, that's why you rushed here to quickly. You're not as weak that way, because you know she's your weakness."