Chapter 3

I didn't go home right away, I went to the bookstore to buy some new novels. I love reading and reading is my life. If there's a job for reading, I'll take it in a heartbeat.

The bookstore was close to my house so I decided to just walk home instead of grabbinf another cab. It's 8 p.m and there's a lot of people around so I'm not that scared to go home alone. When I arrived, I saw Mason's car. Why is he still here? He can go home because Ashley's baby sitter still home so he doesn't need to worry about it.

I walked in and Madon turned to me. His tone was not happy but he's currently playing with his phone. I ignored him and planned to go upstairs to my room.

"Where were you?!"

"Why do you care?" I asked as I walked up.

"What if someone kidnapped you?"

"Isn't that what you want? You want me to get killed." I said and I opened my room to see my teddy bear completely torn out.

"MASON!" I shouted and he laughed. I looked at my teddy bear in horror. He tore it in half. I went downstairs and he was busy laughing. I grabbed a pillow and threw it to him.

"Hey!" Mason complained. I decided to throw more pillows and he grabbed both of my wrist pulling me to sit on his lap.

"Ugh! Let me go!" I hissed and he just smirked. I wanted to slap him but he can put me in place with his big hands and strenght.

"You need to leave me alone, stop trying to ruin my life."

"Amanda, we've known each other since we were 3. Our parents are friends so no.. I can't get you out from your life besides you're entertaining me." He smiled evily and I wanted to pull his hair so bad.

"Entertaining you? I'm glad that I did."

"I know, sunshine."

"Don't call me that!" I hissed.

"Why? The whole school call you that."

"I don't like it, especially when you're the one who called me that." He smirked and I tried to get off from his lap but he kept holding me at the same place.

"Let me see.. you're annoying, you're stupid and pretty sure you're childish." He mocked me by saying it in my voice.

"Yeah.. I don't care about your opinion about me." I said and suddenly he leaned his face so close to me.

"I wonder why you never had a boyfriend.." He smirked and I wanted to slap him so bad. Like really bad.

"How about we make a truce? Let's not bother each other until we graduate." I said and Mason chuckle. He shook his hand as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I don't need a truce. I want to keep this relationship cause it's entertaining." He said as he caressed my cheek with the back of his hand. I could feel my cheeks are burning. He leaned his body closer to me closing the gap between us.

"Better for us to be enemies, you know." He said as he looked straight into my eyes.

"I hate you." I grabbed a pillow and smacked it to his face. I ran away from him and I could hear him laughing. I decided to change my clothes and erased my make up so I can go to sleep.

The next day, I woke up in the morning to get my daily run. I got into the shower and got ready for school.

"There's an announcement about The Battle." Carol said as soon as I arrived. She grabbed my hand and dragged me to the announcement board.

The Battle is a battle for talents between all the highschools in my area. Last year, our school got 3rd place and we're aiming for 1st this year.

"You're going on the same battle right?" Carol asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, same." I said and the cool thing about this event is that everuone have to participte and it will be a 2 weeks full of competition from 8 am to 5 pm. The main battle is quiz, basketball, football and dance. That's the battle where a lot of people will come and watch. Carol always goes for biology and clothes designing team. For me, I'm always on the dance team.

"Hello Sunshine." I rolled my eyes when I heard his voice.

"Come on, let's submit our name as always." Carol said pulling me away before World War happens in this school. When I walked away, people were looking at me weirdly.

"Did I have something on my face?"

"No, there's nothing." Carol said.

"Hey Loser!" Mason called and Carol turned to him and that's when she pulled a paper from my back saying that I'm sucha big fan of Mason King anf want him to be my boyfriend.

"I'll get back to him later."