Chapter 2: Threes Cheers To Four Years

When Jack had awoken in the morning, he was surprised to not see Juri asleep beside him. Though  on her side of the bed, laid a piece of paper. His hand picked it up, as he sat up, opening it.

Go downstairs when you can. I have a surprise for you~

Always,

Juri 

Jack's eyebrow arched in confusion. What was she planning today that is so important? Jack did his regular mini routine, then walked downstairs and heard noises from the kitchen and dining room. He entered to see Juri in a sleepwear mini dress that was white and thin fabric. White lace laid over her chest as the cloth of the skirt cascaded across her torso to her bum. She smiled at him brightly and jogged to him, hugging him. Jack was beyond confused, and awkardly hugged back. 

She pulled away, holding his hand saying, "I'm so glad you remembered! Come on, let's eat! I made your favorite!"

Juri dragged Jack to the table as Jack whispers, "Uhh...?"

Juri was still bubbly and smiling as she sat Jack down in front of her as she handed him his plate. She sat down too, with her plate, and stared at him happily.

"After we're done, I'ma take you to the pond! You'll start from there, and your present will be at the end!" She still smiled widely, so happy that Jack was feeling left out from why she was so happy. Juri noticed how he was staring at her, "What's wrong?"

Jack then said, "Uhh...I'm wondering the same thing about you. You're a little too happy than usual."

Her bright smile fell after he said that, "Jack. You do know what today is, right?"

Jack shook his head, he did it slowly because he was afraid that it was the wrong answer. And Jack was right. Instantly, she dropped her head into her palm, saying, "I can't believe it,"

Juri immediatley stood up from her seat, throwing the seat back, hitting the wall. She stomped to the stairs, adding  "Espicially out of you!". She went upstairs, Jack following after her.

"Juri?" He called after her. He reached her, but before he could enter the bedroom with her, the door was already slammed in his face, locked. Jack banged the door, continuing, "Juri, what did I do?!"

Jack was extremely puzzeled at the fact Juri was mad. He heard some noises and shuffling inside, then the door opened. It hit him when Juri spat,

"You forgot our anniversary."

Jack's heart weighed heavily in his chest as it sinked in. Today was their anniversary. And he deliberatley forgot as if it never existed. Gulit filled his eyes as he stared down at his wife's fuming face.

"Juri, I-"

"Forget it." She said, interupting him harshly. She no longer wore her sleepwear, rather she wore a regular dress and a coat with her boots. He was fearing her next move, "I went through the trouble to set it all for your enjoyment of this day, and even got you something. I can't believe you forgot after all this time together, Jack. But obviously I was wrong too. SInce it seems this day means nothing to you."

Juri walked behind him, going downstairs. Jack chased after her, saying apologies after another. She reached the front door, and he held her arm, "This day does mean everything to me, you know that Juri."

She took a shaky breath, and spun around, her stare hit Jack like a slap to the face. Her crystal green eyes were glassy, it crushed Jack. 

"If the day of our marriage does mean something, then how come you haven't noticed that this was gone?" Juri then revealed in the inside of her hand, Jack's wedding ring. He was shocked and quickly looked at his wedding finger, and the ring he remembered that was there the day before was in her hand.