Chapter Two (nude...err...I mean, unedited.)

Eep! 100 Votes! Here is the 2nd chapter of Promises Made, Promises Broken,

I'm putting it up, as promised (even though it's not yet been "polished").

Remember, please VOTE on Chapter One, only, as it's the one entered in the contest! :)

Joey

One Year Ago

I couldn't feel my face, and that probably wasn't a good thing.

"I can't feel my face!"

Saying it out loud to the room didn't help, even when someone replied with a whooping cheer.

"Gotta get some air," I muttered, and tried to shove myself up off the couch.

I couldn't move, and I knew I was way past my limit, even though I was the kind of guy who could go hard most of the time.

"You need some help?"

I peered around, looking for the source of the voice, and finally zeroed in on the petite girl beside me.  Her face was close to mine - inches away - and I couldn't make her features focus properly. 

"S'okay," I slurred in her direction, and vaguely hoped that my breath wasn't overtly noxious.

I tried to make sense of what was going on.  I could hear people all around me, still partying.  I swivelled my head.  The room was a little dark, but I could see the blurred outline of a couple making out against a nearby wall, and another couple dancing lazily near a tall speaker.

"WhereamI?" I muttered, and I knew that it came out a garbled mess.

"Joey?"

I automatically turned my face at the sound of my name.  It was the girl again.  What was she doing there, draped across me?  Her legs were bare, and wrapped around mine.  I gazed down at them, dragging my eyes across their tanned smoothness and up to her lacy underwear.

Oh no.

I could see that she was wearing my over-sized t-shirt, and I realized that my own chest was bare.

"WhadidIdo?" I asked.

I flipped the girl off me, and I heard someone laugh as she hit the ground.  I felt bad for a second, but then nausea overwhelmed me.  I grabbed my keys and my wallet from the table, and I crashed through the house, searching for the door.  I found it just in time to puke my guts up into the bushes instead into the pile of shoes in the foyer.

I stumbled out to the street, searching for my truck.

"Whereisit?" I mumbled to myself.

I finally spotted it, parked crookedly right in front of a hydrant.  I lurched toward it, knowing somewhere in the back of my mind that I shouldn't - couldn't - drive, but wanting to get out of there bad enough to try it anyway.  I shoved the key into the lock and turned.

"Whoa." 

A solid hand accompanied the word, and it yanked the key ring from my shaky grasp.  I squinted at the dude attached to the grip.  He had vague features and excessively plain clothes.  That, or the alcohol was seriously inhibiting my ability to see properly.

"S'matter?" I asked.

"Where you going, buddy?"

"Home."

"Is it close?"

"Nope."

"I'll give you a lift."