Chapter 42: Hidden Image

421 votes please! :D

Don't know why I'm that specific....ANYWAYS, I know this chapter is a bit confusing I'll probably fix it ALOT. Comment and tell me if you understood it so I have an idea of how confusing this chapter really was. XDD

I can't wait to put two certain songs to the side that I always listen to when I write this book....but no..that's for my favorite chapter coming up...  ;) BUT HEY...the song to the right sounds FAMILIAR...

***********************************************************************************************************

It’s funny how knowing your loved ones life is in danger makes you do things you normally wouldn’t.

“GET A MOVE ON! C’MON!” I kicked the back of the taxi driver’s seat that seemed to be sleeping at the light.

“I’m tryin’ here!” he yelled back and slammed his foot onto the gas.

“Please, if you can, go faster!”

“I’m trying, Miss, we’re getting stuck in traffic,” he muttered dryly, taking a sip of his diet coke and checking his phone messages at the same time.

I groaned and smacked my head against the seat. After Marcy had texted me I literally disintegrated through the floors of the building I was running so fast. I actually managed to text her while I practically fell down the 80 flights of stairs,

What do they look like? What happened?

She responded rapidly with,

Faith! So scared. I no you rnt believe this but I don think it person! They wer levitating of the ground and had fang and I can’t breathe here! Asthma!!!

As I read over the text down the stairwell, I interpreted it to be. Faith! I’m so scared! I know you aren’t going to believe this, but I don’t think it’s human! They were levitating off the ground and had fangs! I can’t breathe in here! My asthma!!!

Asthma.

She was going to have an asthma attack if I didn’t get there soon. Marcy had suffered from a fatal case of asthma growing up, so bad that she was hospitalized for a month straight because she couldn’t breathe. As she got older, her lungs got stronger and she barely had any use of her inhaler.

A break in would surely bring back her horrifying attacks. When I reached the bottom of the stairwell I ran down the street, waved down a taxi, jumped in the car, told them where to go and floor it, then texted her back.

You’re going to be fine! Deep breaths, Marcy, deep breaths. Everything is fine! The police will be there soon. I will be there soon. Which closet are you in so I can find you???

She replied a few moments later.

Yur room in clost. It in the room with me I can hear it. Faith if I don’t make it, u r my sister 4 life and I love u! Tell my parents I’m srry 4 ignorin them & love them mor then life.

I’m in your room in the closet. It’s in the room with me I can hear it. Faith, if I don’t make it, you’re my sister for life and I love you! Tell my parent’s I’m sorry for ignoring them and I love them more than life itself.

I fought the urge to break down and cry in the taxi. I couldn’t lose Marcy at a time like this, I just couldn’t. She was all I had right now. The only person I could really confide in and hadn’t yet because I was scared.