Healing Waters

With a yawn and stretch, I open my eyes and rub them, until I see the blue eyes of love staring back at me. My smile grows wider as my face moves closer to hers. She places her hand carefully on my jaw, and no words are exchanged as we bring our lips together and melt into each other's tenderness. No words are needed, her eyes speak chapters. Confessions, regrets, but also commitment and love, and that's all I needed to know this is in fact the woman of my dreams.

"Good morning," Chloe whispers, the second our lips part.

"Good morning."

"Are you ready to head out there again?" she asks, nodding at the zipped up tent entrance.

"Not yet..."

I stare deeply into her half sleepy eyes and drown. "I just want to enjoy this view for a moment."

"Not a single view of the most exotic freaking waterfall could beat your cute face."

I feel my face burning up and hide in the crook of her neck. She pulls me closer and wraps her arms around me. We lay there for what seems like years but are only a few minutes in reality. I nearly fall back asleep while being in Chloe's warm embrace before she opens her mouth.

"You know I love you, right?" she asks in a groggy voice.

"I've never doubted that."

Inching my face closer to hers, I plant my lips on hers again, and feel hers curl into a smile of happiness. We hear two girls plunge into the lake we are camping at.

"I think we should join them," I say, stretching my arms above my head. Chloe wraps her arms around my torso and pulls herself closer again.

"One more minute," she says laying her head on my chest. I brush my hand through her blue hair and count down the seconds slowly to make this moment last longer. When the 60 seconds pass, Chloe looks up at me and smiles.

"A peaceful minute, our minute."

She stretches and takes off her basic white tank top, only to reveal a simple black bra. Following, her lead, I slip out of my shirt and unzip the tent, letting the bright morning sun shine unto my pale skin. We crawl out of the tent and see Kate and Rachel swimming in the distance.

I jump into Chloe's back and she takes my legs as I wrap my arms around her neck. She runs towards the lake and I can feel her muscles tense as soon as her legs enter the water. I release and drop myself into the blue, regretting the decision immediately. Gasping for air as soon as my head comes above water, the first thing I hear is a laughing Chloe.

"I see an otter in my water," she jokes and splashes some water in my direction. I start getting used to the temperature and splash water back at her, and before you know it we're having a full on water battle, which I am losing. Kate appears next to me and starts helping me out, as Rachel swims underneath Chloe and raises her up from the waters on her neck.

"We challenge you to a duel!" Chloe says, balancing on Rachel's neck.

Kate and I look at eachother before I take a deep breath and dive into the water once again. I take Kate's legs and put them in my neck as I raise from the lake holding the christian girl up.

"Bring it!" Kate says making a hand gesture at the two girls in front of us.

Both Rachel and Chloe are pretty long, Chloe towers above Kate and looks down on her with a smug smile as she tries to grab the girl on my neck by her arms. Kate dodges surprisingly fast, and I nearly lose my balance but quickly stick my feet in the sand underneath me. Rachel has trouble balancing Chloe on her neck but re-adjusts herself, and moves closer to me and Kate. Both Kate and Chloe grab each other's arms and start pushing and pulling while Rachel and I balance them by moving back and forth with them.

The laughter of the four of us is the most beautiful music I could wake up to, and the sun shining bright in the sky only adds up to the many positive vibes I was already getting from this beautiful lake, and the beautiful girl that is nearly losing her balance.

I could not have asked for better company on this trip. Rachel and I have finally seen past our hatred for each other, and it turns out we actually have quite a lot in common.

She sticks with Frank while supporting me and Chloe, as Chloe and I support them, besides the fact Frank's a drug dealer, he's actually a pretty nice guy. I guess that's what Rachel always saw in him.

Chloe and Kate lose their balance as they hold onto eachother and plunge into the water. When they both surface the four of us laugh.

"We won!" Kate yells holding her arms in the air.

Chloe flashes her the evil eye, "We both fell off."

Kate turns to face Chloe and smiles in a way I can only describe as devilish, which is very unusual for Kate.
"You hit the water first."

Chloe pouts and looks at me with her big eyes that seem to be a brighter blue because of the sun.

"Come on, we both lost," Chloe says again swimming towards me and joining my side. I wrap my arms around her neck and stare into her eyes.
"Well, technically, you did go under first."
I jokingly tease.

The look on her face is priceless yet her furrowed brows relax and she plants a kiss on my lips.

"Get a room!" Rachel yells, and splashes water at us, Kate joins in as well.

Once again we splash water at each other as if our lives depend on it. I haven't felt this relaxed and peaceful in weeks, after all the drama and the kidnapping we all needed some rest, well deserved rest.

As the sun is setting and the sky turns into a magnificent gradient of warm orange colours, I can only feel warmth and happiness. The four of us were drying on a rock near the lake and enjoyed the view of the forest that stretches out till the horizon. Chloe is laying next to me, her eyes staring at the disappearing sun and our hands laced, fitting perfectly.

This is where I belong, next to Chloe, the girl with eyes brighter than the clearest sky and a smile prettier than the morning sun. Wherever life will take us, through bad times and the good, we will be there for one another, always holding hands making sure we will never lose each other in the dark again. They say it's heartbreak, but in reality, hearts are never broken. Only bruised. When I'm with her I do more than breathing and existing. I live.

*-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~*
THE END???
*-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~*

(Not actually the End: there's a few chapters more)