The second one

Chapter

I shook hands with her. Her hands were cold and it was quite a wrong feeling. She just showed a bad vibe. I mentally shook my head. The girl didn't even do anything wrong to me, I shouldn't judge. She smiled at me and I half-smiled in return.

"You shouldn't even consider being friends with her. She is the freak" Black said while laughing at Patricia. His friends started laughing. The thing that hurt me the most was not that he said such thing, the smirk on Noah's face was what made me hurt.

"Says the brother. It runs in a family. Means that you are a freak too. Maybe even the only freak" she said, while winking at him. Black's laugh stopped and he stood up angrily. Just before he could walk over to us, Noah stopped him.

"Let me go, dude, the girl needs to be taught a lesson" he said, anger dripping from his face. Black had anger problems, which were concluded by the doctors. No one knows about it though, not even his friends. I got a bit scared, since he can do really bad stuff when he was angry.

"Says the one who has not even brains to get even taught a lesson" Patricia snapped back while folding her arms. She was really asking for it. Black took another step, but this time Noah blocked his front.

"Calm down, bro. She's a girl" Noah said calmly, holding Black from his arms. So now he is protecting? That stung a bit. He was smirking when he was abusing me but is protecting when he is about to abuse her. He never stood up for anything. Noah was always the one who was not even flinching when Black would pick on me. He would just act as if nothing was wrong. Suddenly the teacher came in and yelled at them, which made Black turn around and sit on his chair. He kept on throwing looks at us but luckily didn't do anything that class. I was used to it, but I felt bad for the girl. She was now glued to him, since he won't stop bugging her. I felt very bad that I was the reason for this, since she was only standing up for me. Which she shouldn't have done.

"Nila!" I heard from behind me. I was on my way to the library, secretly, to have lunch there. It was against the rules to eat somewhere else other than outside and in the lunchroom but the library woman always let me. I guess she sensed that I didn't have anyone to sit with. I turned around, looking at very light blue eyes.

"Yeah?" I said back, being a little bit annoyed. There was no one around, which is the only time he would talk to me.

"We need to talk" he said, like he always did.

"No, we don't" I said, turning around. He grabbed me by my arm to stop me.

"What's wrong?" he said, looking at me with a confused look.

"You ask me? I quote 'shut up Matt, nothing happened. She is waaay out of my league, come on, me and her?'" I said, with the tone of his voice. He looked at me for a second.

"You can't be mad at me for that" he said, quite the opposite I expected.

"Why not?" I spat back.

"Because its true. Do we have something going on? Did we do something? Are we even more than friends? No. No, so it was quite true" he said, leaving me speechless.

"I wasn't implying that" I said. Okay, my words may did come out wrong.

"The thing I am mad about is that you act like I am nothing when you are with your friends. You don't even look at me. You keep quiet and act like nothing is going on, even smirk, when Black is picking on me, yet you try to protect a girl you barely know. Is that what friends do, Noah?" I said, letting out all the madness in myself. The thing I hated the most was that I was always the second for people. I was never first, I came never first. Not by my parents and not by Seda. I was always the one being left when someone else arrived.

"Did you want me to let Black hurt the girl?!" He said, looking at me in disgust.

"Of course not, its not about that" I said back, being completely annoyed. He didn't understand. They never did. They never understood what I was trying to say with this. Was I the only one who saw how I was always the second?

"He was walking  towards her, Nila. He was going to hurt her, physically" he said, in a tone which made me look like I was dumb. I shook my head.

"Hurting is not only a physical thing, Noah" I said, turning around. He grabbed my arm again.

"Do you want me to talk to you next to Black? Knowing his relationship with you? You want me to let them mock me and you about it all and spread things you don't even wanna think? Cause if that is what you want, I could even kiss you in front of them. I don't care Nila, only thing I want is no drama" he said. I counted till three to stop myself from snapping back.

"Okay, I will help you with that. Its all over. I will be handling the letters by myself. No more drama for you" I said, turning around. This time, he didn't stop me.

~~~~~~~
Random Fact: being second sucks.