Chapter 18

A/n this chapter is dedicated to alkokoal
For voting and making the new people tom and Jerry.
----------

When I get to the restaurant I slowly get out of my car trying to not hurt my knee anymore than it already is. I'm not sure if I'm more nervous or frustrated that I have to go talk with my dad. It's just such a complicated relationship we have now. I wish it wasn't but after all that's happened can you really blame me. I suppose that our relationship was more broken because we lost our trust.

as I grab the restaurants handle, I take a deep breath. I'm not sure if it's to clear my mindor if it's just to show my annoyance. I go, pick a booth and grab a menu because my dad hasn't gotten here yet. After I wait for about 20 minutes I'm still not sure if he's going to come, has a standup ready to leave and grab my crutches, my dad walks in.

"hey sweetie what's up"

"nothing really I mean I'm just tired at this point"

"I'm tired of lots of things. But I'm also tired, lacking sleep tired."

I hear foot steps behind me and see angel sitting down and Brent pushing her chair in.

"Brent, it's nice to see you, you too angel, you look great." I say with a small smile, seeing as that is the only thing my over active Brian can manage.

They both smile first at me and then at each other, until angel looks away a rosy blush painting her cheeks.

I look back to my dad and don't even have the energy to make a sarcastic comment like I normally would.

Out of the Conner of my eye I see someone who I at first thought was Brent, but as I take a closer look at him I realize that it is not only someone who looks a lot like him.

"Hi, I'm Delilah." I say with a small smile.

"Hey, I'm tom, I'll be your server."he says with a smile that isn't flirtatious but more like a 'we are going to be friends and I can already tell' type of smile.

"You aren't by chance related to Brent are you?" I ask a questioning look filling my eyes and my face masked in curiosity.

"Oh yeah, he's dumb though, and annoying, angel this, angel that."

He nervously scratches the top of his head, which is covered in black curls, his green eyes dart around the room and look anywhere but me.

"Anyway, what would you like to drink?"

I ignore the question and question him instead,

"How old are you?" I ask.

"18, 19 in two months." He says.

"Where are you from?"

"Was born here, and moved to Mexico and lived there from the ages of 1-3, then came back."

"Do you, or did you play football?"

"Nah, it's okay but I will defiantly never play it. I've honestly only ever watched it when I watched my brothers games, which was 15 times." He wrinkled his nose remembering something.

"Okay then, I'll have a coke, my dad will have a lemonade."

After Tom writes down the order for the drinks he walks off to get them.

I glance over at my dad and he has a look of surprise coloring his face. I raise my eyebrow as if to question the look on his face.

"I'm surprised you remember." He says a sad look replacing the other.

I look at him. Really look at him and say,

"You know, yeah, I'm not happy with you but, that doesn't mean I'm not gonna remember things about you. If I wanted to forget you I would have stopped playing football." I pause and look away.

"I never stopped loving you, I wasn't even mad at you if I'm being honest. I was more disappointed  then anything. I guess I just thought that maybe you stopped loving us. I wouldn't have blamed you. You were never home after your business picked up, you can't really love someone if you never see them, I'm not gonna say that you have no right to want your business to do well. You do. Everyone wants something, that's what you wanted.... And that's okay. You not being there when A needed you is what disappointed me most. She was the only one that thought you were gonna come back. I lost hope after you found another girl. You said you wanted to make amends, that's fine. You said you want me to live with you, that's fine I'll come and live you, only half the time though.  If we are talking business that's how it's gonna work. I won't put up a fight. I miss seeing you everyday after work. I will be civil with whoever you are romantically involved with. I'm not saying I can forgive you for all that you did, not now anyway. I want to but right now I'm not ready."

I sigh. Not really understanding why I told him all of this.

I look over at him and notice the tears falling down his face, a steady stream. I never thought I would see him cry, he didn't even at A's horrid funeral.

I look around the table and pick up a small white napkin that is slightly crinkled and ripped. I pass it to my dad, he takes it nod his head in thanks and wipes the big, fat tears away off his tan face.

I guess he's tan because he's Mexican. 

"Thank you, for everything. I know I don't deserve this."

Tom brings our drinks to us and he asked us what we want. I know my dad isn't ready to talk to anyone else so I order for us both.

"Can I have a stack of chocolate chip pancakes with bacon eggs and hash browns. He'll have the same but with ham and tater tots."

Tom walks away. Saying he'll get it to us when it's ready.

When our food gets out I start eating like I never had before. The food was the best I've had in a long time.

I love the pancakes, they are fluffy and full of chocolatey goodness.

I look at my dad and see that he's been looking at me for awhile, and amused look on his face. His eyes are still red from the salty tears he had shed.

"What?" I ask him, my mouth filled completely with pancake.

He smiles and says,

"You haven't changed a bit."

I smile and continue to shovel the food into my mouth, just like old times.

"How's you meal?" Tom asks.

I look at him and his name tag says Jerry.

"I thought your name was Tom." I state obviously  confused.

He laughs.

"That's my brothers name. We're identical twins."

" that's cool" I say.

"Yeah except when your own mom confuses you. That sucks."

I nod my head at what he says and ask him to put his number and his brothers in my phone. Then I ask for the bill and pay for it, I'll defiantly be coming back, it was only $10.95 for everything.

After we finish eating I get my crutches ready and stand up.

As we are walking out my dad puts his hand on my shoulder. I look at him and he smiles.

"So, do you think you could come over this weekend and pick out the stuff for your room?"

"Yeah sure."

With that said I safely make it into my truck and head home, Glad that  no one got hit in the head with a frying pan.

----
A/n hope you enjoyed it. Love you.