79.

I ran to the Chancellors office. I arrived in his quarters, his royal guards were dead. Lightsaber marks ran across their chests, this doesn't look like an arrest.

I heard the sound of shattering glass. I leapt to my feet again and walked slowly into the room, scared of what I might see. I walked past in horror as 3 Jedi Masters, who were once idols of mine, laid dead on the floor. My own Master stood tall against the Chancellor. His lightsaber pointed at Palpataines chest. Palpatine shriveled on the floor, looked and felt terrified.

"You are under arrest, my Lord." Master Windu said. Windu saw me, he held his hand up for me to stop approaching. This action made me feel like a padawan again. I hated that time, but now that seems time much more appealing than our current situation.

"(Y/N)! See? I was right, the Jedi are taking over!" Palpatine rushed, he was out of breath. I felt images flash in my head of all the times he has helped me. Of all the times I sat in this office seeking his wisdom. I couldn't believe we were now in this situation.

"The oppression of the Sith will never return!" Master Windu fought, "You have lost."

"No... No.. You will die!" Palpatine then shot blue lightening from his finger tips. Master Windu was able to block it and absorb it into his light saber. I covered my face from the heat. "Traitor!"

"He is the traitor!" My Master groaned and yelled in frustration.

"I have the power to save the ones you love!" Palpatine yelled to me. I watched his face, I smelt his skin being slowly cooked. It aged rapidly as the lightening began to be reflected into his face.

"Don't listen to him (Y/N)!" Master Windu told me. My first instinct was to listen to him. I wanted to be loyal to the Order I spent my whole life training for. He was doing the right thing.

"Please.. Don't let him kill me..." Palpatine said, more desperate now than before, "I can't hold it.. Any longer... I-I c-can't.." He stuttered, "I'm too weak. (Y/N), help me! Help me!" I felt for him. I felt his pain and I wanted it to end. I wanted all of this pain to end.

"I am going to end this," Windu pointed his purple saber at his chest again, "Once, and for all." He lifted his saber to strike but I stopped him quickly.

"You can't!" I yelled, "He must withstand trial!" I begged. I needed to see a Jedi do something correctly. I needed Palpatine alive to be my only hope of saving my family.

"He has control of the Senate and the courts! He is too dangerous to be left alive!" Master Windu defended his will. The last sentence repeated in my head as I remembered the Chancellor telling me the same thing when I choked Dooku to death. I was naive, but Master Windu wasn't. Master Windu was a Grand Master of the Order, if anyone should follow the Code it's him.

"I-I'm too weak.." The Chancellor said. He was an unarmed and weak prisoner, "Please, don't kill me." He begged. It wasn't sympathy I felt for him, but it was the hope that this code that was held so highly for Anakin and I wasn't a joke. That this Code that was held so strictly that after this we'll be thrown to the street because we fell in love, because we had an emotion we couldn't control. That the equality the Jedi strove for wasn't another lie. I also needed Palpatine alive, I needed his power to save my family. I needed him to save my dying children.

"I need him!" I begged my Master to listen to me. I needed him to do this, flashes of our time together came to me. Master Windu telling me he was going to be my Master. Master Windu saving me from my brother, bringing me safe to the Jedi Order. Master Windu fighting to make me a Jedi Knight. I thought even if he was mad at me, he would still listen to me.

But instead he rose his lightsaber. And in that time I thought of Anakin, of the children I needed to save because of this man my trusted Master was going to kill. I remembered times of Anakin and I together. I remembered meeting Anakin when I was 8 and scared. He always knew how to calm me down, he could always save me. I remembered everything. The images of his smile every time he would save me from something, he'd look back at me. He was proud of me, and of what he could do. I remembered falling in love with him. I remembered our time on Naboo, and the first time he kissed me. I remembered reaching through the glass to our children. The ones that we created with our love. I loved them so much.

I felt my body panic. I couldn't hear anything as my actions took over my body. I ignited my own lightsaber and swung it wide, I meant to block his saber but instead I overshot and cut his hand off, sending his lightsaber flying. Palpatine took the opportunity to ignite his fingertips again, and with nothing to block it, I watched as Master Windu was screaming in agony, the buzzing in my ears wiping out the cruel sound.

The only other sound I could hear was my heart beating in my chest, the quick pace at which my fate was being reset. I watched as the man I always knew to be my savior be launched from the room and out of the building. The man that protected me, he loved me, he was my father when I had lost my family to betrayal. I had become my brother, the thing I swore to never become. I had betrayed someone who taught me and looked out for me. I began crying, tears sliding down my face as I realized: I did this. This was all my fault. I had just sealed my fate. I let my selfish deeds kill another person I cared about. Another life lost as everything began to change and shift in my world.

There was nothing more I could do. Over and over again my actions played in my head. I felt my whole body speed up as my soul began to crush. My heart was held by its center and set on fire from within. I felt like someone had ripped open my chest and stolen who I was from my body. I felt my body crumble as I stumbled back onto a chair that I had sat in many times before.

The times I sat in this chair I was always lost, confused, or in need. And now I sit here as all of those things. I had just killed my Master. A Master I had pined for for so long, that I wanted for months after Master Unduli was killed. Another Master of mine, killed by my own incapabilities.

"What have I done?" I muttered out from my own thoughts, I felt like I couldn't breathe. Like I was suffocating. I couldn't believe the things I was doing, what I was planning to do.

"You're fulfilling your destiny, (Y/N)." The Chancellor began to stand, he regained his strength. The stench of rotting flesh still loomed in the air.

I felt the thick layer of sweat cover my body, feeling the wind cool my heated body. My heart was rotting rapidly, this wasn't what I wanted. The person I wanted to be was far away from me. I was lost in a sea of darkness, yelling into this empty void for help, trying to save what was left of this little piece of light. I felt as though little dark creatures were crawling on me, consuming me. This little piece of light that meant more to me than anything I had ever been given. I felt like giving up, dying, but knew I needed to live to keep my family.

At this point, I had no other options to me. Master Windu was gone. The Jedi would arrest me now, or kill me depending on who it was, for killing another Jedi. I would be seen as a traitor, if not already. I had done everything wrong. I couldn't be living the lies anymore. I only wanted honesty, knowledge, life. But in my pursuit of knowledge something else happened, I didn't know who I was anymore.

  This destiny he spoke of, that I was always meant to join the Sith, became more appealing as it justified my actions. But I still couldn't believe it. I was raised as a Jedi. I use the light side of the Force. I was not anything of importance besides a Mother, who wanted to save her family.

I needed to do something right. I needed to be able to make Anakin happy again. I needed to stop being a disappointment. I didn't know who I was. I only knew what I wasn't. I was not a prophecy. I was not I was not Anakin, nor could I ever be. I was not something great. I was not darkness. I was not evil.

I was not a Jedi.