Epilogue

MANIK

Taking the last sheet in my hands, I rushed towards the main table. The lecturer gave me small smile as I handed away my papers of the last exam.

As I exited the hall, my phone beeped. I checked to find a text from Rick.

Boy need to hit the bars now that exams are over. Wanna join me!!

I pondered about it. Well four years of college life is over and probably its time for me to branch out a little.

Okay, man will catch up with u in 10.

I sent the text and was about to keep it back in my pocket when I  felt a light push at my legs making me fall back. I stared in fornt to see a red car halt in front of me. Just millimeters away.

I sat there shocked as a few people surrounded me asking "Are you okay?"

I could not respond as my gaze shifted to the passengers in the car.

On the driver seat sat a handsome boy with black glasses on his eyes. His clean shaved face and properly gelled hairs added to his charm.

Beside him was the same beautiful sight that I had came across 3 and a half years back. The young girl with bubbly cheeks and pink pouty lips was sitting on the passenger seat staring at me with her wide beautiful light cream coloured eyes. The golden locks were slightly falling on her white milky face and swaying in rhythm with the breeze.

I could not avert my gaze from her as I felt trapped in the very familiar yet distant depth of those warm eyes.

"Nandini", I could barely whisper.

Before I would anything she jumped out of the car and the next moment her little hands wrapped across my body leaving me numb.

"I can't believe your alive, oh my god. Manik, you're alive", she chanted. Her head buried in my wide chest. Her body vibrated as she kept sobbing against me. I stood there like a statue, unable to act, unable to function.

It took every strength in me to tear Nandini away from myself. Hell it took three years before finally I could sleep with out crying.
I never returned back to Washington even after I got cured from cancer. I settled here in Australia so that I can flush her out of my system.

And now she here was in flesh and blood holding me close to her.

After what seemed eternity finally she pulled herself away.

"Manik you should have never put me through this. You promised that you won't hurt me ever. But you did. You did hurt me a lot—", she sniffed.

"Nandini", I started to began but she raised her hands indicating me to shut up. Defeated I waited for her to complete.

"And you know you are the one person who had wronged me the most even more than Rahul. That dude had been with me ever since you left me, helping me to find you. Even after I said no to his proposal he bore with me, as I went on my mission Find the bastard named Manik Malhotra." and we both look up the other person who was viewing our talk. He had barely changed from the last time I saw him. He gave me a slight smile and I nodded.

Nandini turned back to me and continued," you helped me when I needed you but you didn't even allow me to reach up to you when you were broken, when you needed me. You pushed me away, you lied to me, you left me alone and the worst you gave your responsibility of protecting me to another person and fled. And you did all these things because you felt you were keeping me safe, keeping me protected. But you were wrong Manik Malhotra. These were the things that had hurt me, broke me, made me vulnerable. And for all this I hated you, but I hated you more for making me fall in love with you."

I couldn't weave away from her sincere gaze. I knew explaining things won't solve anything and so all I did was apologize.

"I am sorry Nandini. I am so sorry for making you go through all these hardships. I am sorry."

She stared at me with angry annoyance but I caught the little mischief that peeked through the cracks of her fake expression.

"I will forgive you only on one condition, jerk", she spat trying to keep her angry scowl.

"What", I asked immediately.

And then she did the thing I never ever expected to happen in my goddamn life.

She closed the gap between us and tiptoeing on her feet she pressed her soft lips to mine.

"I love you, I love you so much Manik", she whispered against my lips.

And that broke all the barriers and the emotions flooded in as I kissed her passionately.

And finally I realised she had made her choice. And it was me.

"I love you too, Nandini. I love you."

Yeahhhhhh happy ending. If you ask me truly I had a super sad epilogue for you people but at last I deleted it and went for the happy one.

Hope you people enjoy it.
This is the last update here and as some were asking about sequel, well there won't be one. The story ends here completely.

Any questions feel free to ask me. I would once again thank all my readers voters commenter and followers for their constant support.

And here we come to the end of my second story on wattpad. I will miss this story very much.

Last time for you guys to vote and comment. Silent people share your love buddies.

Till then happy reading.

Love ya all.