Chapter Ten

I stood staring at my sister with my mouth agape.

"What?! You're engaged?" I yelped.

My sister was not the commitment type, she always had guys coming and going. So if you were me, you'd be just as shocked as I was. Maybe she was pregnant?

"Nice to meet you Victoria." My sister's so called fiancé said.

I just nodded in reply, still startled.

"Victoria, do you have an issue that I'm engaged?" Natasha said sternly.

"Are you pregnant?" I blurted.

She gasped. "Of course I'm not! How could you think that?"

"Well I find it strange that you're actually engaged. I know that you're not the commitment type." I answered her.

"Well I've changed. Something you'll never be able to do."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you're still that insolent bitch you were from the time you were fifteen."

Her words had touched a nerve, I wanted to grab my fork and stab it in her fucking annoying face. I was seething with anger.

"I'll show you what a bitch I can really be!" I said and punched her in the face.

I was about to throw another punch at her but this time Nate pulled me back.

"She's not worth it, Victoria." He said loud enough for her and her fiancé to hear.

Natasha was always the weakest sibling out of us three. Which meant my punch was probably going to hurt her like a bitch.

"She's not worth it? Your girlfriend just punched her own sister in the face and you're saying Natasha is not worth it? Vic-" before Daniel could complete his sentence Nate cut him off.

"If you say one bad word about Victoria, you will be sorry that you even thought of saying it." Nate warned with a deathly glare.

Daniel was short, he was maybe about my height. He was pretty skinny, whilst Nate was much taller and a lot more muscular. Daniel would never stand a chance with Nate no matter the age difference.

After Nate said that he threw the money for our food onto the table and grabbed my wrist and walked out. Only as we walked out did I notice how everyone was staring at us.

Once we were out of the restaurant and on the way to the parking lot I attempted to free my wrist from his grasp but failed.

"Nate, you're hurting my wrist." I lied so he would let go of me.

"Sorry." He murmured and let go.

We made our way to his car and got in.

I sighed and frustratedly ran a hand through my hair. Why did my family have to be such annoying pains in the ass? I thought to myself.

I didn't say anything instead I just aimlessly stared out the window.

"I know this is a dumb question and everyone asks it, but are you okay?" He asked sounding concerned.

I sighed and turned to look towards him. "Just annoyed. I'm so sick of family drama."

He chuckled. "Tell me about it."