Surprise!

Hey there excited people!

Are you as excited as I am with the book getting published? Because I'm still freaking out!

And now I have more news for you!

My publisher [big shout out to BLVNP inc.] is setting me up with my own fancy and professional website!  And they are going to be holding a cover contest for the book when it's published! 

That's right! You can submit a cover entry that could become the official cover of my book when it finally hits the stores! If your cover gets picked and used, your name will not only appear in the book.  You will also be able to see your name on the back of its physical cover that you can hold in your hands! You will be famous!

This is the time for those of you who love making covers to give it a try!  It's a great chance and I'm absolutely excited and happy that I am able to get my wonderful readers involved in this way. So if you enjoy making cover art or covers for books in general, this is for you!

Just send the covers to me by email at marien_dore@awesomeauthors.org by June 5. But first, there are some requirements needed for me and my publisher to except your book cover!

Book Cover Guidelines for this awesome opportunity:

1. Know that if we choose your cover, you will get credit ON the physical cover and inside the book. This can actually help you a lot as a graphic artist and bring you future work from us and other book publishers.

2. You will have to fill out a form that lets us have the cover.

3. You can not use any copyright images. You can use Royalty Free Images.

4. We need a high res format of the cover in JPG and Photoshop format, as well so that we can use it for the paperback version of the book.

5. Cover Image size should be 5.5 by 8.5 inches in 300 Pixels per inch resolution.

6. Hints....

• The cover has to look good for the Amazon Thumbnail size. The idea is that people WANT to click on it when they see the thumb nail.

• The text needs to be readable.

• You should use only 1 font.

• The cover needs the title AND the authors name.

7. The cover needs to have the Title and the Authors Name visible.

8. If your covers wins we will do everything we can to use it. If it wins we will WANT to use it because that will give us the most future sales. BUT... You do need to know that there can be odd reasons why we might not be able to. For example we might not be able to use the Photoshop file for some reason or we might find a copyrighted image in the cover design.

9. Submit your created cover on or before June 5

10. Also, my author name is Marien Dore so that needs to be right in the cover.

I will be giving you updates as it all happens. Now most of the time when people give updates on how a project is going (like getting a book published), they are really boring. BUT I WILL DO BETTER! You can be guaranteed to be happy and energized by the end of every update. :D

So stay tuned for more updates.

Thank you!

I'll see you in the next post. :)

P.S. I'd love to see cover suggestions too!  You can add ANY suggestion on what you want to see as a cover in the comments or through private message.