0.0

"Carter! Where are you?" Lily called out worried for her only son, he had wandered out into the woods and hadn't returned. The storm was raging on and the young teen was nowhere to be seen. The bright streaks of lightening lit up the sky and the noise of thunder boomed like fireworks on fourth of July.

Carter Tate was hiding under a oak tree, trying to wait out the storm until it was safe to pass through. His phone was dead, and his house was a couple miles away...he was stuck...under the one place he shouldn't have chose.

He watched the dark sky carefully before standing up, He thought the lightning had stopped, and he decided it was safe to move. The dark forest loomed in front of him, the void of not making it home in the back of his mind as he started to walk down the trail.

He felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up; his body shivered upon the recognition. He broke into a run until a streak of hot pain hit him, he didn't even have time to react. He was blasted from the blast and thrown a couple yards away on the cold soggy ground.

His body blazed with heat, and he screamed out in pain. His hands shook and his body trembled. The burning only getting worse in his chest; he didn't know it yet, but his body was changing.

The mutation cells rapidly growing and he couldn't stop it. The boy tried to get up, but his body wouldn't comply. His legs were paralyzed, like a tree in the ground, his arms stuck to the ground like glue, and his mind raced. His cheeks stained with dirt and dried tears as he tried to open his mouth to cry for help.

He prayed for anyone to find him, for the next few hours on the ground would be hell for the fourteen year old. His now frail body growing accustomed to the new gene and his new abilities...his eyes glowed with streaks of blue energy.

The hot flashes of pain were the last things he remembered before his eyes rolled back into his head and then it all went dark.

-This was so shitty...I am so sorry-